Clinical Studies News Bulletin
Monday, July 16, 2018
WELCOME TO OUR LOCUMS:
- Dr James Schachtel has returned to Diagnostic Imaging July 9 – 21.
- Dr John Baird will be working in Large Animal Medicine July 16 – Aug 31.
- Dr Tamara MacDonald will be back in Small Animal Surgery Jul 23 - Aug 6.
- Dr Ajay Sharma will be working in Diagnostic Imaging Jul 23 – 27.
- Dr Benoit Cuq will be working in Small Animal Internal Medicine Jul 23 – 29, returning again Aug 13 - 19.
- Dr. Robert Cruz will be working in Diagnostic Imaging Aug 20 – 24.
1. CLINICAL STUDIES GRADUATE STUDENTS APPRECIATION AND WELCOME!
Families are invited. One (1) free drink and cash bar will be available. Please complete the poll to confirm attendance. https://doodle.com/poll/acbz45tykqtsbb6f
Who: All Clinical Studies faculty, staff, grad students and interns with their families
When: Tuesday, August 7, 2018
Where: The Brass Taps, University Centre
Time: 6:30 pm
2. CANDIDATES FOR THE POSITION OF ASSOCIATE DEAN, STUDENTS AND ACADEMIC
The final interview date and itinerary: Dr Todd O’Hara – – July 24, 2018
Please remember to forward your comments to the Selection Committee.
3. SEARCH COMMITTEES UPDATES - Ongoing Searches
- Small Animal Surgery 3 yr CL Assistant Professor – Dr Debbie Reynolds’ Interview Evaluation Forms are due in the Chair’s office by July 20, 2018.
- Medical Oncology Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor – Dr Sam Hocker’s Interview Evaluation Forms are due in the Chair’s office by July 20, 2018.
- Diagnostic Imaging Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor – posted, open for applications
- Emergency & Critical Care 1 yr CL Assistant Professor – posted, open for applications
- Radiation Oncology 3 yr CL Assistant Professor – posted, open for applications
- Cardiology Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor – posted, open for applications
GRADUATE PROGRAM UPDATE
4. Clinical Studies MSc Graduate Stipend Support Competition - 2018
Applications are now being accepted for MSc graduate stipend support for Fall 2018. Applications packages should be submitted by July 23, 2018 to the Graduate Program Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application form is available here and on the Department of Clinical Studies website under “Graduate Studies”.
UPCOMING DEADLINES, EVENTS & SEMINARS
5. Course Outline Manager Workshops are scheduled for July 18, 2018 and drop in sessions on July 19-20, 2018. More details are attached in this link. You will need to bring a laptop.
July 17th UPDATE: More dates have been added.
Course Outline Manager - Authors Workshop (Instructors)
Two sessions now available (please only register for one):
- Wednesday, July 18th. 1:00pm-2:30pm. Library, Room 262: Register online: http://bit.ly/2ubcieG
- NEW Monday, July 23rd. 1:00pm-2:30pm. Library, Room 262: Register online: http://bit.ly/2L4rPrh
- Brief Introduction to the tool
- Importance of using the correct fields for data collection
- Working with Learning Outcomes in the Course Outline Manager
- Communicating with your Reviewer/Approver
- What to do with your completed and approved course outline
- Where to find support
- Hands-on assistance provided for the remainder of the session (please bring a laptop)
In addition to these two formal workshops there will also be three additional informal drop-in sessions for Course Outline Manager assistance. No registration is required.
- Drop-in Session 1 [Thursday, July 19th. 2:30-3:30pm. Library, room 262]
- Drop-in Session 2 [Friday, July 20th. 2:30-3:30pm. Library, room 262]
- (NEW) Drop-in Session 3 [Tuesday, July 24th. 9:00-10:00am. Library, room 262]
Drop-in sessions are open to anyone with any role in the Course Outline Manager for hands-on assistance. No registration required. Please bring a laptop. First-come, first-serve. It is strongly recommended that you attend the formal session first (if possible).
6. Library Workshops for Faculty have been scheduled for July 18, 2018 and July 23, 2018. Details are available in the attached email.
7. Aboriginal Post-Doctoral Fellowship details are available on the CS Website under Scholarships, Awards & Funding Opportunities. Applications are due July 25, 2018.
8. CASV-ACVP Swine Leadership Travel Awards Call for Applications Details are available on the CS website, Scholarship, Award & Funding Opportunities Applications are open June 1- September 30, 2018 or until candidates are identified and funds awarded.
9. Educational Leadership in Teaching Excellence program (EnLITE) Currently recruiting for the next cohort beginning in the fall of this year. Details were distributed by email to faculty from Janet Wolstenholm, Educational Developer.
To apply to the program please go to our website and fill in an application form: https://opened.uoguelph.ca/instructor-resources/EnLITE---Developing-People-Enhancing-Practice
As the deadline of August 10th 2018 is fast approaching – if you wish to apply and don’t have time currently to fill in the application form, please indicate your intention to email@example.com before the deadline.
10. RCT Quality Assessment Survey – Invitation to Participate As part of OVC’s ongoing DVM curriculum review process, we are inviting you to complete a survey looking at the proficiency of assessing published medical literature quality that can be accessed through the link below. Your feedback is very important in helping us assess our ability to meet AVMA/CVMA competency #9: Critical analysis of new information and research findings relevant to veterinary medicine.
The data collected will be treated confidentially and only de-identified information will be reported. This survey will take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete and can be exited at any time. In appreciation of your time, participants will be eligible to enter a draw to win one of two $50 Hospitality Services gift cards!
If you have any questions, please contact Dale Lackeyram (firstname.lastname@example.org) at OpenEd.
Please click here to access the survey, or copy the following URL into your web browser: https://uoguelph.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bIW2BK2zvVusrOd
11. T&P Deadlines for Faculty
Following are the staggered eCV submission deadlines for 2018 by college.
• CBE & CSAHS: August 15 • CBS & CEPS: August 21
• COA & OAC: August 24 • OVC: August 29
There is of, course, nothing that prevents faculty members from taking advantage of the supports available and confirming their eCV prior to the above noted deadline.
Corrections to the CS Bulletin will be posted to this website.
Send news and updates to email@example.com by Friday @ noon. Thanks!