Clinical Studies News Bulletin
Tuesday, February 20, 2018
WELCOME TO OUR LOCUMS:
- Dr Sheila Etue will be in Diagnostic Imaging this week.
- Dr Nora Matthews will be back in Anesthesia in late February and March.
- Dr Benoit Cuq is back in Small Animal Internal Medicine this week and next.
- Dr Hans Gelens will be working in Small Animal Internal Medicine in March.
- Dr Peter Trevor and Dr Tamara MacDonald will be arriving in Small Animal Surgery in March.
- Dr Rachel Hector will be working in Anesthesia in March.
1. WORKSHOP FOR DEPT OF CLINICAL STUDIES: Reference Managing Software
2. TEACHING INSTRUCTOR EVALUATIONS USING CEVAL will be available to students during February, March and April. This process is used for all Graduate and Phase 1-3 courses. An email from CEVAL will be sent to students to remind them to complete the teaching instructor surveys during the last 2 weeks of the semester. Faculty are encouraged to remind students to complete the evaluations in the weeks leading up to each final exam.
3. GRADUATE COURSE OFFERINGS FOR S18 All course offerings for S18 have been posted to Colleague and should now be visible. If any changes are required, forward the details to Linda Wing at email@example.com by February 20, 2018. Registration will open on March 5, 2018.
4. GRADUATE COURSE OFFERINGS FOR F18 – NEW TIMING FOR REGISTRATION The timetable for F18 will be available for review on Colleague/WebAdvisor starting the week of March 26, 2018. If any changes are required, forward the details to Linda Wing at firstname.lastname@example.org. New registration dates for F18 will be implemented this year and will be provided when available.
5. SEARCH COMMITTEES UPDATES - Ongoing Searches
- Ophthalmology Assistant/Associate Professor – in progress
- Small Animal Surgery 3 yr CL Assistant Professor – in progress
- Diagnostic Imaging Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor (New Position) – in progress
- Emergency & Critical Care 1 yr CL Assistant Professor – in progress
- Nutrition 1 yr CL Assistant Professor - open for applications
- Radiation Oncology 3 yr CL Assistant Professor – posted, open for applications
- Medical Oncology Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor – Announcing the Search Committee: Dr Michelle Oblak, Dr Paul Woods, Dr Tony Mutsaers,
Dr Danielle Richardson and Dr Carolyn Kerr
- Cardiology Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor – Nominations for the Selection Committee forms. Nominations are still needed.
6. IQAP REVIEW OF DVSc PROGRAM SITE VISIT will take place on April 10 & 11, 2018. In preparation for the meeting with the external reviewers, access to the self-study document for the DVSc program is being provided.
7. QUALIFYING EXAM ANNOUNCEMENT: Edouard Marchal
The DVSc Qualifying Exam for
Will be held:
Monday March 5, 2018
in Clinical Studies
Rm 2106 ANCC Bldg 49, CS Lounge
8. HEALTH & SAFETY TRAINING 2018 Upcoming Health & Safety Training dates for 2018 are listed in the attached poster.
9. CS EXAM RE-SIT DATES for W18 have been scheduled as follows:
February exams – March 7, 2018 @ 8:00 – 9:00 am
March exams – March 23, 2018 @ 10:30 – 11:30 am
Make up times for exams scheduled after these dates will be scheduled as required.
Contact Linda Wing with details for students that will be attending these re-sit exams.
UPCOMING DEADLINES, EVENTS & SEMINARS
10. Funding Opportunities, Scholarships & Awards https://ovc.uoguelph.ca/clinical-studies/scholarship-award-funding-opportunities Check the CS website often as the website is updated frequently.
12. Multi-Vendor Product Show Tomorrow, February 21, 2018
Room 3829 (3rd Floor) PAHL 10:00 – 11:30 am
Door Prizes, Coffee & Food provided!
13. Announcement – Associate Vice-President (Student Affairs) On behalf of the provost, please see the attached announcement regarding the upcoming retirement of Brenda Whiteside, Associate Vice-President (Student Affairs).
14. Animal Behaviour and Welfare Seminar “One Welfare” presentation by Dr David Fraser, Faculty of Land and Food Systems, University of British Columbia, will be held February 21, 2018 from 12:30 – 1:30 pm in 1800 PAHL/AHL, OVC
15. United Way: 2nd Annual Flippin’ Friday Pie Day, hosted by Student Housing and Hospitality Services on March 2, 2018 starting at 8:00 am in Peter Clark Hall Poster.
All you need to do is:
- Buy a $10 ticket to the event, either in person - (there will be a wrangler for each department listed) or online (ffpd.eventbrite.ca).
- Contribute $ towards the pie target of your choice. Names of Contributors will be entered into a draw to be the pie thrower.
Please email news and updates to email@example.com by Friday @ noon. Thanks!