The Department of Clinical Studies provides undergraduate and graduate-level training and research in areas related to clinical veterinary medicine including surgery, cardiology, neurology and internal medicine. We are dedicated to the health and well being of companion animals (dogs and cats as well as birds and exotic species), performance animals (primarily horses) and individual food-producing animals. We offer advanced clinical training for DVM graduates leading to board certification in specialties ranging from anesthesiology to zoological medicine.
The Clinical Studies Bulletin: March 10, 2014
1) Departmental Announcements:
- Next regular dept. meeting: April 11 in room 2106 @ 8-9am
- Clinical Studies Department T&P Committee 2014:
- Carolyn Kerr (Chair)
- Brigitte Brisson
- Tom Gibson
- Lynne O’Sullivan
- Henry Staempfli
- Pathway to Standard Operating Procedures online:
- OVC Home Page
- Departments drop down menu (top of page)
- Health Sciences Centre
- HSC Standard Operating Procedures (in right side menu)
- RESEARCH SEMINAR: "Sourcing Funding Opportunities with RefWorks Pivot Technology"
March 13 @ 12-1pm in SCIE 1304
- Remember to frequently check updated OVC research announcements: http://www.ovc.uoguelph.ca/research/en/researchresources/Announcements.asp
NOTE: This link has also been posted on the CS website, under ‘Research’
2) Graduate Program:
- Grand Rounds: Wednesday, March 12 @ 8am in room 1434:
- Dr. Fernanda Mantovani “Radiation therapy for canine oral melanoma”
- Dr. Jerome Calvalido “Multiple deep fibromatosis in a young Irish Wolfhound”
- IMPORTANT UPCOMING DEADLINES:
- Student registration deadline, May 2, 2014; late fee applicable May 3 (course selection March 3-24; add period April 1-May 16);
- Graduate Settlement deadline, May 2, 2014; late fee applicable May 3 (registration must be completed, first);
- Students not using one of the payment options on the Settlement - then payment (or a financial arrangement) is due May 16, 2014
- DVSc Grad Student Info Night, Wednesday March 26th at 6pm in the CS Lounge.
Topic: Mini thesis boot-camp.
RSVP to by Friday
Food and Drinks will be provided.