- Stewart Bldg. 2545
Associate Professor | DVM, DVSc, Diplomate ACT
Tracey is a 1992 graduate of the Ontario Veterinary College. She spent 2-1/2 years in mixed animal practice before returning to OVC for graduate studies in Theriogenology. She was Board-Certified by the American College of Theriogenologists in 1996. Following completion of her DVSc graduate program, she returned to private practice, operating her own equine practice for the next 5 years. In the fall of 2002 she returned to OVC as a faculty member in the Department of Population Medicine, Theriogenology group.
My research interests include embryo and semen cryopreservation in horses and equine endometritis.
Current Graduate Students
Our Theriogenology service at the Ontario Veterianary College offers a wide range of clinical reproduction services for virtually all species. My primary focus is Equine Theriogenology, including breeding soundness evaluations, frozen semen Al, semen cryopreservation, embryo transfer, fetal sexing, pregnancy monitoring and more.
Theriogenology rotations provide students with hands-on opportunities to learn, practice and master common reproductive techniques, including ultrasonography.
- 4th year student Theriogenology Rotations
- 4th year student Equine Primary Care Rotations
- VETMED 346 Theriogenology -Phase 2
- VETMED 453 Equine Health Management
- POPM 663 Theriogenology of Horses Graduate Course
- Journal Articles
- Perumamthadathil*, C., Johnson, W., LeBlanc, S., Foster, R., & Chenier, T. (2014). Persistence of oxytocin receptors in the bovine uterus during the first 7d after calving: An immunohistochemical study. Canadian Journal of Veterinary Research, 78 (1), 72-77.
- Revay, T., Villagomez, D., Brewer, D., Chenier, T., & King, W. (2012). GTG mutation in the start codon of the androgen receptor gene in a family of horses with 64, XY disorder of sex development. Sexual Development, 6 (108-116).
- Villagomez, D., Lear, T., Chenier, T., Lee, S., McGee, R., Cahil, J., Foster, R., Reyes, E., St. John, E., King, WA. (2010). Equine disorders of sexual development in 17 mares including XX, SRY-negative, XY, SRY-negative and XY, SRY positive genotypes. Sexual Development, 5 (1), 16-25.
- Cribb, N. & Chenier, T. (2012). Uterine tears in horses. Equine Veterinary Education, 24 (9), 444-446.
- Chenier, T. (2011). The importance of thorough evaluation of the fetal membranes of the mare. Equine Veterinary Education, 23 (3), 119-120.
- Chenier, T. & Whitehead, A. (2009). Foaling rates and risk factors for abortion in pregnant mares presented for medical or surgical treatment of colic: 153 cases (1993–2005). The Canadian Veterinary Journal, 50 (481-485).
- Chenier, T. Reproductive endocrinology of the breeding stallion, in: Current Therapy in Theriogenology 4. Youngquist, Ed. Harcourt Health Sciences. In Press.
- Merkies, K., Chenier, T. Plante, C., Buhr, M. Assessment of stallion spermatozoa viability by flow cytometry and light microscope analysis. Theriogenology 2000. Nov 1; 54(8): 1215-1224.
- Chenier, T. Anatomy and physical examination of the stallion, in: Equine Breeding Management and Artificial Insemination, J. Samper, Ed. W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, PA. 1999.
- Morris, L, Fairles, J., Chenier, T., Johnson, W. Segmental aplasia of the left paramesonephric duct in the cow. Can. Vet. J, Vol 40, Dec 1999, pp884-885.</li>
Khan, F., Murrant, C., Chenier, T., Hewson, J., & Scholtz, E. (2015). The Effect of Nitric Oxide on in-vitro Contractility of the Ovine Uterus. Southern Ontario Reproductive Biology. Annual Meeting, May 1, 2015. Hamilton, ON
Chenier, T., Foster, B., Gonzales, L. and Schlaf, M. (in press, 2015). Diffusion o Ethylene Glycol and Glycerol into Day 9-11 Equine Embryos. International Embryo Transfer Society.Lousville, KY, January 2016.
Bourgon, S., Diel de Amorim, M., Lam, S., Munro, J., Foster, R., Chenier, T., Miller, S., Montanholi, Y. (in press, 2015). Associations of feed efficiency with reproductive development and semen quality in young bulls. EAAP 66th Annual Conference, August 2015.
Chenier, T., Amorim, M., Foster, R., Hill, A., Hayes, A., Scholtz, E.; Gartley, C. (2014). Comparison of Diagnostic Methods in Equine Endometritis. International Embryo Transfer Society. Proceedings in: Reproduction Fertility and Development 12/2014; 27(1):171.
Diel de Amorim, M., Chenier, T., Nairn, D., Green, J., Manning, S., Card, C. (2014). Complications Related to the Use of Intrauterine Glass Marbles in Mares. American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP) Annual Convention.
Diel de Amorim*, M., Chenier, T., Quinn, B., Yekkiala, K., Rannala, V., S. Velianou, E. Scholtz, C. Gartley, A. Hayes (2014). Endometritis associated alterations in major proteins in uterine flush fluids from mares. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Equine Reproduction, 34, New Zealand: Equine Veterinary Journal, 150.
Lueders, I., Pootoolas, J., Taya, K., Watanabe, G., Yamamoto, Y., C., Niemueller, T. Chenier, E. Scholtz (2013). Assisted Reproduction in Giraffes. European Association of Zoo and Wildlife Veterinarians.
Search PubMed for additional publications by Dr. Chenier.