Tours and Open Houses
You and your family can book a visit during the fall and winter semesters (September to April). Regular tours of the Ontario Veterinary College start in September and run until early April. Tours are Saturdays at 10 a.m. and require registration in advance. No tours or appointments are offered without previous registration.
Tours outside regular availability, like evenings, are possible only if a tour guide is available. Tour groups with more than 12 people require extra notice.
Book a tour
Email email@example.com or call 519-824-4120 extension 54430 with the following information:
- Name of main contact and names of all tour participants
- E-mail and a mobile telephone number
- Date requested (include one or two backup dates)
- University level/program or high school grade level (if applicable)
- Total number of participants
Rules for the tour
- Photography or video recording is not allowed in the teaching hospital and areas where animal patients are present.
- Wear close-toed shoes.
- Children under the age of 12 are not allowed. You can bring children under 12 to OVC and University of Guelph open houses, like College Royal.
Where to go when you get here
Tours begin in the Lifetime Learning Centre, starting at room 1713.
When you register, we’ll provide you with detailed contact information so you can reach us if you’re running late or you get lost.
If you’re using GPS or a wayfinding app to arrive, use 25 McGilvray Street, Guelph, Ontario, to get you to the correct entrance.
Parking is free on the weekend, but visitors should avoid medical or disability parking unless they have the appropriate permit.
Walking from Go Bus stops at the University Centre
From the University Centre bus loop, walk south toward South Ring Road and turn right. Walk to the intersection where the road meets Gordon Street and cross to the westbound side of the street at the crosswalk.
Walk north on Gordon Street and turn left on McGilvray Street. Turn left at the first laneway and follow the sidewalk to the crescent where you’ll find the entrance to the Lifetime Learning Centre.
Busing with Guelph Transit from downtown Guelph
Take the 99 Mainline Westbound from Guelph Central Station (located next to the train station). Get off the bus on Gordon Street just past College Avenue, which drops you in front of the main OVC building. Walk around the south side of the building, following the outdoor path until you reach the doors of the Lifetime Learning Centre.