- CS 2134
Associate Professor | DVM, DVSc., Diplomate A.C.V.A.
- Cardiorespiratory effects of anesthetic drugs
- Hypotension during anesthesia and sympathomimetics
- Equine field anesthetic techniques
- Local anesthetic techniques
- Sinclair M, Valverde A, Koenig J. Evaluation of xylazine-ketamine anesthesia for field castrations in horses with and without intravenous lidocaine, intra-testicular lidocaine, or butorphanol.
- Sinclair M, Valverde A, Koenig J. Evaluation of cardio-respiratory values in horses with xylazine-ketamine anesthesia for field castrations with or without intravenous lidocaine, intra-testicular lidocaine or butorphanol.
- Sinclair M, Valverde. Evaluation of plasma lidocaine levels in horses with xylazine-ketamine anesthesia for field castrations with or without intravenous lidocaine, intra-testicular lidocaine or butorphanol.
- Caines D, Sinclair M, Valverde A, Dyson D, Gaitero L, Nykamp S, Wood D. Comparison of isoflurane or propofol maintenance anesthesia during MRI in dogs with intracranial disease.
- Caines D, Sinclair M, Wood D, Valverde A, Dyson D, Gaitero L, Nykamp S. Evaluation of cerebrospinal fluid and plasma lactate concentration in dogs with intracranial disease.
- Comparison of isoflurane, sevoflurane and propofol anesthesia during MRI in dogs with neurologic disease
Current Graduate Students
Cardiorespiratory effects of anesthetic drugs:
- Sinclair MD. (2003) A review of the physiological effects of a2-agonists related to the clinical use of medetomidine in small animal practice. The Canadian Veterinary Journal, 44:885-897.
- Sinclair MD, McDonell WN, O’Grady MR, Kerr C. (2003) Echocardiographic evaluation of the cardiac performance in dogs sedated with high and low dose romifidine with and without glycopyrrolate. Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia, 30:211-219.
- Sinclair MD, McDonell WN, Pettifer G. (2002) An investigation into the cardiopulmonary effects of romifidine in dogs with and without prior or concurrent administration of glycopyrrolate. Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia, 29:1-13.
Hypotension during anesthesia and sympathomimetics:
- Hui Cheng Chen, Sinclair MD, Dyson DH. (2007) Use of ephedrine and dopamine in dogs for the management of hypotension in routine clinical cases under isoflurane anesthesia. Vet Anaesth Analg, 34:301-311
- Rosati M, Dyson D, Sinclair M, Sears W. (2007). Response of hypotensive dogs to dopamine hydrochloride and dobutamine hydrochloride during deep isoflurane anesthesia. Am J Vet Res. 68:483-494.
- Dyson DH, Sinclair MD. (2006) Impact of dopamine or dobutamine infusions on cardiovascular variables after rapid blood loss and volume replacement during isoflurane-induced anesthesia in dogs. Am J Vet Res. 67:1121-30.
- Chen HC, Sinclair MD, McDonell WN, Dyson DH, Sears W. (2005) Comparison of arterial pressure waveform analysis with the lithium dilution technique to monitor cardiac output in anesthetized dogs. Am J Vet Res. 66:1430-1436.
Equine field anesthetic techniques:
- Valverde A, Rickey E, Sinclair M, Rioja E, Pedernera J, Hathway A, Cruz A. (2010)Comparison of cardiovascular function and quality of recovery in isoflurane-anaesthetised horses administered a constant rate infusion of lidocaine or lidocaine and medetomidine during elective surgery. Equine Vet J 42:192-199.
- Sinclair M, Valverde A. (2009) Use of intravenous lidocaine with short-term anesthesia with xylazine, diazepam/ketamine for castration of horses under field conditions. Equine Vet J. 41:149-152.
- Sinclair MD, Mealey KL, Matthews NS, Peck KE, Taylor TS, Bennett BS. (2006)Comparative pharmacokinetics of meloxicam in clinically normal horses and donkeys. Am J Vet Res 67:1-4.
Local anesthetic techniques
- Rioja E, Sinclair M, Chalmers H, Foster RA, Monteith G. (2012) Comparison of three techniques for paravertebral brachial plexus blockade in dogs. Vet Anaesth Analg 39:190-200.
Work in press:
- Sinclair M, Dyson D. (2012) The impact of acepromazine on the effectiveness of crystalloid, dextran or ephedrine treatment in hypotensive dogs under isoflurane anesthesia. Vet Anaesth Analg– in press
Search PubMed for additional publications by Dr. Sinclair.