- OVC 3645
- OVC 3653
Associate Professor | BSc (McMaster), PhD (McMaster)
Citizen of the Métis Nation of Ontario
- Using animal model systems, in vitro and in vivo systems electrophysiology, pharmacology, pharmacogenetics, neurochemistry, behaviour to study the molecular and cellular mechanisms involved in the pathology of neuropsychiatric disorders
- Sex differences is neuropsychiatric disorder risk and symptom manifestation (depression, autism spectrum disorders)
- Brain wave patterns as biomarkers for neuropsychiatric disorder pathology and therapeutic efficacy
- GSK-3 signaling in brain systems function and cognitive disorders (schizophrenia, autism spectrum disorders, Alzheimer's disease)
Current Graduate Students
Professional Experience & Honours
Member, College of New Scholars, Artists, and Scientists, Royal Society of Canada
- Williams OOF*, Coppolino M*, George SR, Perreault ML. Sex differences in dopamine receptors and relevance to neuropsychiatric disorders. Brain Sciences, 11:1199.
- McCallum R*, Perreault ML. 2021. Glycogen synthase kinase-3: A focal point for advancing pathogenic inflammation in depression. Cells, 10:2270.
- Buckhalter S*, Soubeyrand E, Jenkins BW, Khokhar JY, Akhtar TA, Perreault ML. 2021. The antidepressant-like and analgesic effects of kratom alkaloids are accompanied by changes in low frequency oscillations but not ΔFosB accumulation. Frontiers in Pharmacology, online ahead of print, https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2021.696461
- Thériault RK*, St-Denis M*, Hewitt T, Khokhar JY, Lalonde J, Perreault ML. 2021. Sex-specific cannabidiol- and iloperidone-induced neuronal activity changes in an in vitro MAM model system of schizophrenia. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 22:5511.
- Albeely AM*, Williams OOF#*, Perreault ML. 2021. GSK-3β disrupts neural oscillatory function to inhibit learning and memory in rats. Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology, online ahead of print, doi: 10.1007/s10571-020-01020-z
- Thériault RK*, Manduca JD*, Perreault ML. 2021. Sex differences in innate and adaptive neural oscillatory patterns link resilience and susceptibility to chronic stress in rats. J Psychiatry Neurosci, 46:E258-E270.
- Manduca JD*, Thériault RK*, Williams OOF*, Rasmussen D*, Perreault ML. 2020. Transient dose-dependent effects of ketamine on neural oscillatory activity in Wistar-Kyoto rats. Neuroscience, 441:161-175.
- Manduca JD*, Thériault RK*, Perreault ML. 2020. Glycogen synthase kinase-3: The missing link to aberrant circuit function in disorders of cognitive dysfunction? Pharmacological Research, 157:104819.
- Thériault RK*, Manduca JD*, Blight CR, Khokhar JY, Akhtar TA, Perreault ML. 2020. Acute mitragynine administration suppresses cortical oscillatory power and systems theta coherence in rats. J Psychopharmacol, 34:759-770.
- Hasbi A, Nguyen T, Rahal H, Manduca JD*, Miksys S, Tyndale RF, Madras BM, Perreault ML, George SR. 2020. Sex difference in dopamine D1-D2 receptor complex expression and signaling affects anxiety- and depression-like behaviour. Biol Sex Differences, 11: 8.