- Biomed 3621
- Biomed 3638
Assistant Professor | BSc, Milan-Italy, PhD Guelph
- Effect of Endocrine Disrupting Compounds (EDCs), such as Bisphenol A (BPA) and oxidative stressors on gene expression and molecular mechanisms regulating early embryonic development and cell proliferation/arrest.
- Effect of cannabinoids (THC) on gamete competence and fertilization capability and pre-implantation embryonic development.
- Effect of Copy Number Variation (CNV) of genes on the Y-chromosome in relation to fertility and diseases
Current Graduate Students
- Sabry R., Williams M., Werry N., LaMarre J. and Favetta LA. (2022) BPA decreases PDCD4 in bovine granulosa cells independently of miR-21 inhibition. International Journal of Molecular Sciences 23,8276. https://doi.org/ 10.3390/ijms23158276
- Sabry R., Nguyen M., Younes S. and Favetta LA. (2022) BPA and its analogs increase oxidative stress levels in in vitro cultured granulosa cells by dysregulating anti-oxidant enzymes expression Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology Jan 20;545:111574. doi: 10.1016/j.mce.2022.111574.
- Nguyen M., Sabry R., Davis OS. and Favetta LA. (2022) BPA, BPS and BPF effects on oxidative stress and anti-oxidant enzymes expression in bovine oocytes and spermatozoa. Genes (Basel) Jan 14;13(1):142. doi: 10.3390/genes13010142.
- Kuzma-Hunt AG., Truong VB. and Favetta LA. (2021) Glucocorticoids, stress, and delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) during early embryonic development. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 22 (14)., doi.org/10.3390/ijms22147289.
- Saleh AC., Sabry R., Mastromonaco GF. and Favetta LA. (2021). BPA and BPS affect the expression of anti-Mullerian hormone (AMH) and its receptor during bovine oocyte maturation and early embryo development. Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology Journal, 19 (1)., doi: 10.1186/s12958-021-00773-6.
- Misner MJ., Taborek A., Dufour J., Sharifi L., Khokhar JY. and Favetta LA. (2021). Effects of Delta-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) on Oocyte Competence and Early Embryonic Development. Frontiers in Toxicology. 3: 647918.
- Sabry R, Apps C, Reiter-Saunders JA, Saleh AC, Balachandran S, St John EJ, Favetta LA. (2021). BPA and BPS Affect Connexin 37 in Bovine Cumulus Cells. Genes (Basel). 12(2):321. doi: 10.3390/genes12020321.
- Sabry R., Saleh AC., Stalker L., LaMarre J., Favetta LA. (2021). Effects of bisphenol A and bisphenol S on microRNA expression during bovine (Bos taurus) oocyte maturation and early embryo development. Reproductive Toxicology. 99: 96-108.
- Sabry R., Yamate J. Favetta LA., LaMarre J. (2019). MicroRNAs: potential targets and agents of endocrine disruption in female reproduction. J. Toxicol. Pathol. 2019 Oct;32(4):213-221. doi: 10.1293/tox.2019-0054
- Rho NY, Ashkar FA, Revay T, Madan P, Rho GJ, King W, Favetta LA. (2108) THR de novo transcription is essential for early bovine embryo development. Reproduction, Fertility and Development 30(5):779-788. doi: 10.1071/RD17165.
- Ferris JC., Mahboubi K., MacLusky N, King WA., Favetta LA (2016) BPA exposure during in vitro oocyte maturation results in dose-dependent alterations to embryo development rates, apoptosis rate, sex ratio and gene expression. Reprod Toxicol. Jan;59:128-38.
- Favetta LA, Madan P., Mastromonaco GF., St John EJ., King WA. and Betts DH. (2007) The oxidative stress adaptor p66shc is required for permanent embryo arrest in vitro. BMC Dev Biol. 7:132.
- Favetta LA, St.John E.J., King WA. and Betts DH. (2007) High levels of p66shc and intracellular ROS in permanently arrested early embryos Free Rad Biol Med 42(8):1201-10.
- Favetta LA, Robert C., King WA. and Betts DH. (2004) Expression profiles of p53 and p66shc during oxidative stress-induced senescence in fetal bovine fibroblasts. Experimental Cell Research, 299(1): 36-48.
- Favetta LA, Robert C., St.John E.J., Betts DH. and King WA. (2004) p66shc, but not p53, is involved in early arrest of in vitro produced bovine embryos. Molecular Human Reproduction, 10(6): 383-392.