- OVC 2628
Keith J. Betteridge
Professor Emeritus/Emerita (University) | BVSc Bristol, MVSc Toronto, PhD Reading, FRCVS
- Understanding the interactions between the early embryo and mother that are essential to the maintenance of pregnancy in the mare.
- Historical aspects of reproductive biology.
- Waelchli, R.O., Betteridge, K.J. (2012) Morphology of twin and triplet equine conceptuses during weeks 3 and 4 of pregnancy. Reprod Fert Dev online early http://dx.doi.org/10.1071/RD12067).
- Raeside, J.I., Christie, H.L., Waelchli, R.O., Betteridge, K.J. (2012) Biosynthesis of estrogen by the early equine embryo proper. Reprod Fert Dev on line early http://dx.doi.org/10.1071/RD11275
- Betteridge, K.J., Waelchli, R.O., Christie, H.L., Raeside, J.I., Quinn, B.A., Hayes, M.A. (2012) Relationship between the timing of prostaglandin-induced luteolysis and effects on the conceptus during early pregnancy in mares. Reprod Fert Dev 24:411-424.
- Betteridge, K.J., Hayes, M.A., Waelchli, R.O., Raeside, J.I. (2012) Towards understanding early embryonic loss in mares: an experimental approach. Clinical Theriogenology 4:349-358.
- Hayes, M.A., Quinn, B.A., Lillie, B.N., Côté, O., Bienzle, D., Waelchli, R.O., Betteridge, K.J. (2012) Changes in various endometrial proteins during cloprostenol-induced failure of early pregnancy in mares. Animal Reproduction 9:XXX (in press).
- Raeside, J.I., Christie, H.L., Waelchli, R.O., Betteridge, K.J. (2009) Estrogen metabolism by the equine embryo proper during the fourth week of pregnancy. Reproduction 138:953-960.
- Hayes, M.A., Quinn, B.A., Keirstead, N.D., Katavolos, P., Waelchli, R.O., Betteridge, K.J. (2008) Proteins associated with the early intrauterine equine conceptus. Reprod Domest Anim 43 Suppl 2:232-237.
- Quinn, B.A., Hayes, M.A., Waelchli, R.O., Kennedy, M.W., Betteridge, K.J. (2007) Changes in major proteins in the embryonic capsule during immobilization (fixation) of the conceptus in the third week of pregnancy in the mare. Reproduction. 134, 161-170.
- Betteridge, K.J. (2007) Equine embryology: an inventory of unanswered questions. Theriogenology 68 Suppl 1:S9-21.
- Arar, S., Chan, K.H., Quinn, B.A., Waelchli, R.O., Hayes, M.A., Betteridge, K.J., Monteiro, M.A. (2007) Desialylation of core type 1 O-glycan in the equine embryonic capsule coincides with immobilization of the conceptus in the uterus. Carbohydr. Res. 342, 1110-1115. Epub 2007 Feb 17.
- Crews, L.J., Waelchli, R.O., Huang, C.X., Canny, M.J., McCully, M.E., Betteridge, K.J. (2007) Electrolyte distribution and yolk sac morphology in frozen hydrated equine conceptuses during the second week of pregnancy. Reprod. Fertil. Dev. 19, 804-814.