Jeff Caswell - Room 3828, PAHL building, Ext. 54555, firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Studies Committee
- Jeff Caswell (Graduate Coordinator)
- Brandon Lillie (Department Chair)
- Claire Jardine
- Janet Beeler-Marfisi
- Sarah Wootton
- Julia Kakish (Graduate Student representative)
Graduate Program Assistant - Admissions
Jessie Beer - Room 2509, OVC Stewart Building, Ext. 54725, email@example.com.
For more graduate information please go to the Shared Administrative Services website http://ovc.uoguelph.ca/sas.
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
- Information on how best to apply to Graduate Studies in Pathobiology
- Pathobiology Graduate Student Handbook
- International Student Resources and Support Services (UG Student Life)
For more information from Graduate Program Services, Shared Administrative Services:
- Email inquiries to the Graduate Program Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ontario Veterinary College Propestive Graduate Students website
- How to apply - Instructions from University of Guelph Graduate Program Services on how to Apply
Fields of Study
The Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Immunology and the Department of Pathology merged into the new Department of Pathobiology on May 1, 1996. The new combined graduate training program in Veterinary Immunology, Microbiology, Parasitology and Pathology accomodates and integrates the established programs. Graduate students enrolled before Spring 1996 will continue in their programs according to the guidelines of their former departments.
There are four graduate degree programs. The department offers programs of study leading to MSc and PhD degrees and a Graduate Diploma. The department also participates in the inter-departmental Doctor of Veterinary Science (DVSc) program, and in the OVC Master of Public Health (MPH) program.
The Department of Pathobiology provides graduate programs in the following fields (alphabetical list):
- Avian pathology: Leonardo Susta
- Fish pathology: John Lumsden
- Zoo animal/wildlife pathology: Claire Jardine, Mauricio Seguel, Leo Susta
- Immunology: Byram Bridle, Bonnie Mallard, Shayan Sharif
- Anatomic pathology: Emma Borkowski, Jeff Caswell, Rob Foster, Brandon Lillie, Courtney Schott, Mauricio Seguel, Leonardo Susta, Geoff Wood
- Clinical pathology: Janet Beeler-Marfisis, Dorothee Bienzle, Darren Wood
Veterinary Infectious Diseases
- Bacteriology: Grazieli Maboni, Heather Murphy, Nicole Ricker, Scott Weese
- Parasitology: John Barta, Andrew Peregrine
- Virology: Byram Bridle, Sarah Wootton, Sam Workenhe
The DVSc is offered in applied areas of microbiology, immunology or pathology. The diploma program is offered in applied areas of pathology.
Assignment of Space: Administrative Assistant only Office space to Graduate students is provided by the Department but space is limited # of students per office: 4 Larger offices: 8, 12 & 21 Use of Space: Space is designed for quiet academic activity (please socialize elsewhere) Students will be grouped according to similar disciplines and location of Advisor.