You are here
Graduate Studies: Funding
Information for Prospective Graduate Students Department of Pathobiology, Ontario Veterinary College
- See also: Graduate Studies Positions Advertised
- Graduate students in the department are supported by competitive awards from various agencies listed below. Information about some of these can be found at the links provided.
- In some cases, stipends may be available in the form of Graduate Research Assistantships from research advisors, so that potential advisors should be consulted on their availability (see Local Funding Sources)
National Funding Agencies
- Fellowships or Studentships from the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Scholarships from the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC). Web-based application Form 200 or PDF forms
- Commonwealth Scholarships (for studies in Canada)
Provincial Funding Agencies
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program
- Ontario Graduate Scholarships (OGS)
- Ontario Graduate Scholarships Science and Technology (OGSST)
- Ontario Student Assistance Program
University Funding Sources
See information provided by Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- Graduate Research Assistantships (GRA)
- Graduate Teaching Assistantships (GTA)
- Graduate Service Assistantships (GSA)
- Access and other awards
- Research Scholarships (Board of Graduate Studies)
Ontario Veterinary College Sources
The College of Veterinarians of Ontario should be contacted concerning eligibility for general or educational license.
Some information for foreign graduates wishing to obtain a general license to practice veterinary medicine is also available here.