The Office of the Associate Dean, Students, is here to support and foster the development of student veterinarians in order to maximize their academic and personal success.
Other helpful sites:
- OVC Peer Helpers are student veterinarians who can assist their fellow student veterinarians with both academic and personal matters. They are part of the OVC Student Affairs Office.
- Professionals Health Program - Available to student OVMA members (free membership for DVM students)
- Student Life and Counselling Services offer a tremendous number of resources and is run by the University of Guelph
Trans Lifeline is a national trans-led organization dedicated to improving the quality of trans lives by responding to the critical needs of our community with direct service, material support, advocacy, and education. Our vision is to fight the epidemic of trans suicide and improve overall life-outcomes of trans people by facilitating justice-oriented, collective community aid.
- On Campus Resources for student veterinarians
- Lesbian, Gay Bisexual and Transgender People in Medicine (Free resource)
- The Stress Management and High Performance Clinic programs
- "Student Health 101" an online wellness resource available to students delivering a range of wellness information to University students monthly.
- Feeling Better Now is a medically approved, anonymous online mental health care program designed to assist in the prevention, early diagnosis and ongoing management
of common emotional and mental health issues.
For information on issues related to disability insurance and mental health, please read the Disability Insurance Information Sheet