You are here

Study Permit (Student Visa)

In order to study at the University of Guelph, you will require a study permit, also known as a student VISA.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada has a website that will be an invaluable resource to you. The website contains the following sections:

  • Who Needs a Study Permit?
  • Information for Foreign Students
  • Applications, Guides and Forms
  • Information for Institutions and Educational Organizations

Citizenship and Immigration Canada Website

Renewal of Your Study Permit

You will want to renew your study permit (Student VISA) at least two months in advance of the expiration date. U.S. Citizens have the option of renewing their study permit at the Canadian-U.S. border. The processing time at the border will take up to two weeks.

Please connect with the International Student Advisor for more information:

Yassin Sagnia | Acting International Student Advisor
Student Life | University of Guelph 
UC, Level 3 South | 50 Stone Road E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1 
519-824-4120 Ext. 58686 | 

Student Life now offers immigration advising: 

Trips to the United States

If you are from a country other than the United States, you will need to apply for a U.S. VISA to travel to the United States for conferences or leisure.

Please connect with the International Student Advisor for more information (see above)