Ontario Agriculture College
Department of Animal Bioscience
Office: ANNU 248
Dr. Li’s research interests include biotechnological mechanisms used for increasing animal production and preventing disease. Additional areas of research include investigating the development of ovarian follicles and oocyte maturation and the differentiation of skin derived stem cells.
Recent publications relating to regenerative medicine (2012-present):
- Synergy of glucagon-like peptide-2 and epidermal growth factor co-administration on intestinal adaptation in neonatal piglets with short bowel syndrome. 2017 David Lim, Crystal Levesque, Donna Vine, Mitsuru Muto, Jacob Koepke, Patrick Nation, Pamela Wizzard, Julang Li, David Bigam, Patricia Brubaker, Justine Turner, and Paul Wales American Journal of Physiology: GI & Liver accepted for publication
- Levesque CL, Turner J, Li J, Wizzard P, St Pierre B, Lim D, Wales P. (2016) In a neonatal piglet model of intestinal failure administration of antibiotics and lack of enteral nutrition have greater impact on intestinal microflora than surgical resection alone Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition pii: 0148607115626903
- Pan B, Toms D, Shen W, Li J. (2015) MicroRNA-378 regulates oocyte maturation via the suppression of aromatase in porcine cumulus cells. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 15;308(6):E525-34.
- Evanna Huynh, Julang Li (2015) Generation of Lactococcus lactis capable of co-expressing epidermal growth factor and trefoil factor and their synergistic effects on in vitro wound healing Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology 99(11):4667-77
- Evanna Huynh and Julang Li EGF and EGFR: Promising targets for modulating inflammation and mucosal healing therapy in IBD Inflammation & Cell Signaling 2015; 2: e840. doi: 10.14800/ics.840;
- Wei Ge,Hua-Gang Ma Shun-Feng Cheng, Yuan-Chao Sun, Li-Lan Sun, Xiao-Feng Sun, Lan Li, Paul Dyce, Julang Li, Qing-Hua Shi,and Wei Shen (2015) Differentiation of early germ cells from human skin-derived stem cells without exogenous gene integration Scientific Reports 5: 13822.
- Sun R, Sun YC, Ge W, Tan H, Cheng SF, Yin S, Sun XF, Li L, Dyce P, Li J, Yang X, Shi QH, Shen W. (2015) The crucial role of Activin A on the formation of primordial germ cell-like cells from skin-derived stem cells in vitro Cell Cycle 14 (19), 3016-3029
- Bo Pan, Derek Toms, Wei Shen Julang Li (2015) MicroRNA-378 regulation oocyte maturation via targeting aromatase in cumulus cell in vitro Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology 308(6):E525-34. doi: 10.1152