Adopt - A - Family Program helps bring Holiday gifts to families in our community.
For a number of years, various OVC departments have reached out to lift the spirits of families in need during the holiday season.
This year, OVC has ‘adopted’ four families during the holiday season through The Children’s Foundation of Guelph and Wellington Adopt-A-Family Program.
Participation in this program is entirely voluntary. As a team, we are hoping many of us will participate to lift the spirits of these families during the holidays.
- Please select the tag for the gift you wish to purchase
- Email Vanessa Joy (email@example.com) with the number on the tag you have chosen
- Bring the unwrapped gift, with the gift tag, to one of:
Kim Best, Biomedical Sciences
Linda Kraemer, Population Medicine
Marni Struyk, Pathobiology
Karen Mantel, OVC Dean’s Office,
Vanessa Joy, Clinical Studies,
Victoria Wentzell, HSC
Tax receipts are available for donations over $20 in value. Please ask any of us for a tax form and provide this to us by end of day December 2nd, with your receipt.
You’ll find poster boards adorned with gift tags to select from in Biomedical Sciences, Population Medicine, Pathobiology, OVC Dean’s Office, Clinical Studies and the HSC.
Cash donations are also gratefully accepted.
These gift ideas have been provided with input from our adopted family.
Thank you to each of you for supporting these families.
Events & Fundraisers:
- The 2019 United Way campaign is underway and our Dr. Carolyn Kerr is co-chair for another year! Please consider donating to the United Way via pledge cards which will be distributed shortly to your mail box or in-person. The United Way is a great charity and helps many people in our communities. Please return your card to room 2142. To ensure privacy, place your pledge card in an envelope with the completed draw form (attached to the pledge card) for one of four VISA gift cards generously donated by the OVC Dean’s Office. Returned pledge cards are eligible for the Campaign weekly incentive draws which run for the period of Friday, September 27 to Friday, October 25.
- Fundscrip: This program will continue throughout the year. It’s a great way to shop for Gifts for the holidays and other events. Everyone buys gas, groceries, household items, presents for friends, and more. Purchasing Gift Cards through Fundscrip helps United Way. For each gift card ordered, Fundscrip donates a percentage of the purchase to United Way. Cards are ordered online and shipped direct to you. Sign up using the link below! https://www.fundscrip.com/Sign-Up.aspx?IID=6VJZM2 Our group code is 6VJZM2. Contact Linda Wing if you have any questions