HEALTH & SAFETY FORMS & LINKS
Feeling Better Now - Mental Health Support Services
Heat Stress Bulletin - Hot Weather Plan, Working in Hot Environments, Preventing Heat Stress, Heat Stress Symptoms
HEALTH & WELLNESS PROGRAMS & EVENTS
Join a Smoke-Free Campus Community Consultation
U of G’s Guelph campus is working toward becoming smoke-free in spring 2019. We’re helping build a healthy campus for everyone in our community. Becoming a smoke-free campus is a complex, but important initiative. Extensive community consultation will help us create a policy that considers the various needs of our University.
On the Smoke-Free Campus website, you can also find:
- answers to frequently asked questions about the initiative
- information on smoking cessation resources
- details on why the campus is going smoke-free
Wellness@Work is excited to announce the 2019 grant program is now open for applications. The Wellness@Work Grant Program encourages faculty and staff across all campuses and research stations at the University of Guelph to help promote wellness in their workplace through the implementation of a tailored health‐promoting program, approach or idea. Departments/groups can apply for a seed grant (up to a maximum of $3000, one time) for their initiative. Please consider working with your colleagues on an application to help create a healthier workplace.
· Want to learn more? Interested, but not sure where to start or what might qualify for the grant program? Come out to an informal Info Session on February 13th or March 7th to learn more and ask questions.
February has officially arrived! The colder it gets, the more tempting it can be to stay indoors and hibernate. Read some strategies a Wellness@Work Champion has pulled together to help you find the beauty in winter. There are many upcoming events and activities to help get you out of your work space and moving around campus. Here are a few you might be interested in, but be sure to check out the attached February calendar for additional opportunities:
· Come learn about beautiful and unique spaces on campus that you may never have seen before on this walking tour.
· Back by popular demand! Join a U of G sous chef and a baker at Creelman Hall for an exclusive tour of the food processing room and the bakeshop.
· Bring your lunch to AHL/PATH for this fascinating noon hour talk on gardening.
· Personalize your own visual journal (provided) using a variety of art materials such as collage images, pastels, and markers and learn ways that you can incorporate the process of visual journaling into your life.
Take your Break- Free beverage for employees
· Taking regular breaks during the work day can help you de-stress and re-charge. All U of G employees are invited to take their break and enjoy a free medium coffee, tea or hot chocolate. Details on the date, time and location (depending on your shift) are available on the Wellness@Work website.
· Wellness@Work is collecting items to donate to the Guelph-Wellington Community Health Van. Please consider bringing in an item to donate and drop it off at our table in the UC Courtyard.
Hope you continue to explore ways to find beauty this winter and get involved in the many opportunities that are available to help you re-charge, connect and give back to our community.