HEALTH & SAFETY FORMS & LINKS
Feeling Better Now - Mental Health Support Services
Heat Stress Bulletin - Hot Weather Plan, Working in Hot Environments, Preventing Heat Stress, Heat Stress Symptoms
HEALTH & WELLNESS PROGRAMS & EVENTS
Join a Smoke-Free Campus Community Consultation
U of G’s Guelph campus is working toward becoming smoke-free in spring 2019. We’re helping build a healthy campus for everyone in our community. Becoming a smoke-free campus is a complex, but important initiative. Extensive community consultation will help us create a policy that considers the various needs of our University.
On the Smoke-Free Campus website, you can also find:
- answers to frequently asked questions about the initiative
- information on smoking cessation resources
- details on why the campus is going smoke-free
Wellness@Work is excited to announce the 2019 grant program is now open for applications. The Wellness@Work Grant Program encourages faculty and staff across all campuses and research stations at the University of Guelph to help promote wellness in their workplace through the implementation of a tailored health‐promoting program, approach or idea. Departments/groups can apply for a seed grant (up to a maximum of $3000, one time) for their initiative. Please consider working with your colleagues on an application to help create a healthier workplace.
September Wellness at Work Events
- Lunch hour walk to explore different gardens and trees on our campus. Learn about new plantings, plant problems, botany, history of plantings and more!
- Celebrate at the Fall Equinox Outdoor Yoga Event with the UofG community on Monday, September 23rd, 2019 at 11:30am
- Every Wednesday in September enjoy a 1 hour walk led through the Arboretum, starting at 12:15pm
- Monday September 23rd, 2019 all day in Peter Clark Hall
- Staff and Faculty book club, in which the first book is called "Son of a Trickster", written by Haisla and Heiltsuk First Nations novelist Eden Robinson
- The author is visiting UoG on October 2nd
Hope you continue to explore ways to find beauty this winter and get involved in the many opportunities that are available to help you re-charge, connect and give back to our community.