HEALTH & SAFETY FORMS & LINKS
Feeling Better Now - Mental Health Support Services
Heat Stress Bulletin - Hot Weather Plan, Working in Hot Environments, Preventing Heat Stress, Heat Stress Symptoms
HEALTH & WELLNESS PROGRAMS & EVENTS
As August approaches, I hope you are enjoying the summer sunshine and taking time daily for your wellness at work. Thanks to everyone who joined the Wellness@Work Garden Gander walk this week! Please send along any feedback you have to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you missed it, be sure to join us next Tuesday at noon for a walk through the beautiful Conservatory Gardens.
A few other updates you might be interested in:
· Registration opens August 1st for the two week FHT to Move! activity challenge. Sign up and join the “University of Guelph Wellness@Work” team. Earn activity minutes for running, walking, cycling, yoga, etc. All participants are eligible for weekly prize draws. At the end of the two weeks, there will be a grand prize for the winning team with the highest total score!
· The Greater Good Science Center has release their August 2018 Happiness Calendar. For each day of the month, view the calendar for links to a variety of resources related to happiness. Interested in challenging yourself to a new practice to spread happiness? Try out the 10:5 Way!
· If you haven’t yet visited the Guelph Centre for Urban Organic Farming, take a break to check out their fresh seasonal produce each Thursday from 3-6pm.
· Researchers on our campus are exploring factors affecting the mental wellbeing of veterinarians. Learn more about their research in the Crest magazine.
Join a Smoke-Free Campus Community Consultation
U of G’s Guelph campus is working toward becoming smoke-free in spring 2019. We’re helping build a healthy campus for everyone in our community. Becoming a smoke-free campus is a complex, but important initiative. Extensive community consultation will help us create a policy that considers the various needs of our University.
All interested community members are invited to take part in any of the following consultation sessions.
- Aug. 1 – 12:00 to 1:30 p.m. – McLaughlin Library, Room 246A
- Aug. 15 – 9:00 to 10:30 a.m. – OVC Pathobiology AHL, Room 4838
- Sept. 12 – 3:00 to 4:30 p.m. – University Centre, Room 442
- Sept. 27 – 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. – University Centre, Peter Clark Hall, Wing B (south)
On the Smoke-Free Campus website, you can also find:
- answers to frequently asked questions about the initiative
- information on smoking cessation resources
- details on why the campus is going smoke-free