HEALTH & SAFETY FORMS & LINKS
Feeling Better Now - Mental Health Support Services
Heat Stress Bulletin - Hot Weather Plan, Working in Hot Environments, Preventing Heat Stress, Heat Stress Symptoms
HEALTH & WELLNESS PROGRAMS & EVENTS
Thank you to everyone who participated in Be Well, Be Safe Week! View some photo highlights from the week
Wellness@Work grant recipients have started to launch their innovative health promotion programs across U of G. Employees connected to the OMAFRA- U of G Agri-Food Partnership office have kicked off their Wellness Bikes program and spoke with Guelph Today about the positive impact the program is having.
Today, we join with people around the globe to recognize World No-Tobacco Day, while also acknowledging the efforts of Indigenous communities to become tobacco-wise and keep tobacco sacred. Visit this web page for more information on the Smoke-Free U of G initiative.
There are a lot of opportunities to get involved with Wellness@Work throughout June:
- Wellness Wednesdays: View the free “Wellness Wednesday” fitness classes taking place throughout June in Athletics including Body Blast, Balanced Body, Cycle Core and TRX Circuit.
- U of G Walking Program: Occupational Health and Wellness is offering a FREE Walking Program. Over a 6-week period you will increase your endurance, strengthen your bones and muscles, and improve balance and coordination all while making new friends and connections at the University of Guelph.
- Arboretum Workshops: The Arboretum is hosting a variety of workshops that are now open for registration. Sketching Nature, Look See Paint and Plant Propagation are just a few of the many workshops available.
- Making Shiftwork Work For You: This session will help participants identify the challenges and stressors that are unique to shiftwork, as well as strategies that may be helpful in improving sleep, eating healthy, and establishing routines that are helpful.
- Ride Don’t Hide: June is Bike Month. On June 24, 2018, the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) will host its 7th Annual “Ride Don’t Hide” event, the largest mental health bike ride in Canada. Join the bike ride as a rider, virtual participant or volunteer, as we work together to end the stigma of mental illness. Ride to help raise funds for mental health programs and services in our community.
- Summerfest: Volunteers are needed on June 24th for Summerfest- a U of G community event on campus which started just last year and includes live music, food trucks, and fun activities for kids and families of all ages.
Please upload and share your own Wellness@Work photos and comments on social media using the hashtag #wellnessatUofG.
Linda Wing on Behalf of The Wellness@Work Team