Professor Emeritus/Emerita | DVM, MSc, DVA, PhD, Diplomate ACVA
Cardiopulmonary response during sedation and anesthesia. Anesthetic and sedative safety. Equine anesthesia. Monitoring and research measurement equipment. Alpha 2 pulmonary toxicity.
- Kerr C*, McDonell WN, Young SS. Cardiopulmonary effects of romifidine/ketamine or xylazine/ketamine when used for short duration anesthesia in the horse. Can J Vet Res 68:274-282, 2004.
- Teixeira Neto FJ*, McDonell WN, Black WD, Moraes AN. Effects of a muscarinic type-2 antagonist on cardiorespiratory function and intestinal transit time in horses anesthetized with halothane and xylazine. Am J Vet Res 65:464-472, 2004.
- Teixeira Neto FJ*, McDonell WN, Black WD, Durongphongtorn S. Effects of glycopyrrolate on cardiorespiratory function in horses anesthetized with halothane and xylazine. Am J Vet Res 65:456-463, 2004.
- Sinclair MD*, O’Grady MR, Kerr CL, McDonell WN. The echocardiographic effects of romifidine in dogs with and without prior or concurrent administration of glycopyrrolate. Vet Anaesth Analg 30:211-219, 2003
- Koenig J*, McDonell W, Valverde A. Accuracy of pulse oximetry and capnography in healthy and compromised horses during spontaneous and controlled ventilation. Can J Vet Res 67:169-174, 2003.
- Mason DJ, O’Grady M, Woods JP, McDonell W. Comparison of a central and a peripheral (cephalic vein) injection site for the measurement of cardiac output using the lithium-dilution cardiac output technique in dogs. Can J Vet Res 66:207-210, 2002
- Sinclair MD*, McDonell WN, O’Grady M, Pettifer G. The cardiopulmonary effects of romifidine in dogs with and without prior or concurrent administration of glycopyrrolate. J Vet Anesth Analg 29:1-13, 2002.
- Hatfield CL*, McDonell WN, Lemke KA, Black WD. Pharmacokinetics and toxic effects of lithium chloride after intravenous administration in conscious horses. Am J Vet Res 62:1387-1392, 2001.
- Willis C, Quinn R, McDonell W, Gati J, Partlow G, Vilis T. Functional MRI as a tool to assess vision in dogs: the optimal anesthetic. Vet Ophthalmol 4:243-253,2001.
- Celly CS*, Atwal OS, McDonell WN, Black WD. Histopathological alterations induced by alpha 2 adrenoceptor agonists in the lungs of sheep. Am J Vet Res 60:154-161, 1999.
- Celly CS*, McDonell WN, Black WD. Cardiopulmonary effects of the alpha 2- adrenoceptor agonists medetomidine and ST-91 in anesthetized sheep. J. Pharmacol Exp Therap 289:712-720, 1999.
- Celly CS*, McDonell WN, Young SS, Black WD. The comparative hypoxaemic effect of four µ2 adrenoceptor agonists (xylazine, romifidine, detamidine and medetomidine) in sheep. J Vet Pharmacol Therap 20:461-464, 1997.
Search PubMed for additional publications by Dr. McDonell.