Gene therapy of inherited and neoplastic disorders, clinical immunology.
- Epidemiology of Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus in Companion Animals, Owners, and Veterinary Specialists. With Dr. Scott Weese.
- Acute Phase Proteins in Canine Immune-mediated Anemia. With Dr. Darren Wood.
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell-Based Gene Therapy in a Dog Model for MPS I. With Margaret R. Hough, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, ON
- Canine Adult and Embryonic Stem cells In Regenerative Medicine. With Margaret R. Hough, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, ON
* indicates that first author was a graduate student under my supervision or co-supervision.
- Hanselman BA*, Kruth SA, Rousseau J, Low DE, Willey BM, McGeer A, et al. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus colonization in veterinary personnel. Emerg Infect Dis [serial on the Internet]. 2006 Dec.
- Ammersbach MA, Kruth SA, Sears W, Bienzle D. The effect of glucocorticoids on canine lymphocyte marker expression and apoptosis. J Vet Intern Med. 20(5):1166-71, 2006.
- Weese JS, Kruth SA. Pets in voluntary household quarantine. Emerging Infectious Diseases 12:1029-1030, 2006 (commentary).
- Gyorffy S, Rodriguez-Lecompte JC, Woods JP, Foley R, Kruth S, Liaw PC, Gauldie J. Bone marrow-derived dendritic cell vaccination of dogs with naturally occurring melanoma by using human gp100 antigen. J Vet Intern Med. 19(1):56-63, 2005.
- Arroyo LG, Kruth SA, Willey BM, Staempfli HR, Low DE, Weese JS. PCR ribotyping of Clostridium difficile isolates originating from human and animal sources. J Med Microbiol. 54(Pt 2):163-6, 2005.
- Rodriguez-Lecompte JC, Kruth S, Gyorffy S, Wan YH, Gauldie J. Cell-based cancer gene therapy: breaking tolerance or inducing autoimmunity? Anim Health Res Rev. 5(2):227-34, 2004.
- Gibson D, Aubert I, Woods JP, Abrams-Ogg A, Kruth S, Wood RD, Bienzle D. Flow cytometric immunophenotype of canine lymph node aspirates. J Vet Intern Med. 18(5):710-17, 2004.
- Bienzle D, Reggeti F, Wen X, Little S, Hobson J, Kruth S. The variability of serological and molecular diagnosis of feline immunodeficiency virus infection. Can Vet J. 45(9):753-7, 2004.
- Boston SE, Moens NMM, Kruth SA, Southern E. Endoscopic evaluation of the gastrointestinal safety of meloxicam with dexamethasone for a short period in health dogs. Am J Vet Res, 64:1369-75, 2003.
- Baorsoum SC, Milgram W, MacKay W, Coblentz C, Delany KH, Kwiecien JM, Kruth SA, Chang PL. Delivery of recombinant gene product to canine brain with microencapsulation. J Lab Clin Med, 142:399-413, 2003.
- Meertens L, Li L, Rosic-Kablar S. Chan K, Dobson H, Gartley C, Lutzko C, Hopwood J, Kohn D, Kruth S, Hough M, Dube ID. In utero injection of alpha-L-iduronidase containing retrovirus in canine MPSI: Infection of multiple tissues and neo-natal gene expression. Human Gene Therapy, 13:1809 20, 2002
- Clooten JK*, Kruth SA, Weese JS. Genotypic and phenotypic characterization of Clostridium perfringens and Clostridium difficile in diarrheic and healthy dogs (letter). J Vet Intern Med 17:123, 2003.
- Lutzko C, Meertens L, Liheng L, Zhao Y, Abrams-Ogg A, Woods JP, Kruth S, Hough M, Dube ID. Human hematopoietic progenitors engraft in fetal canine receipients and expand with neonatal injection of fibroblasts expressing human hematopoietic cytokines. Exp Hematol 30:801-3, 2002.
- Carioto LM*, Kruth SA, Betts DH, King WA. Telomerase activity in normal dogs and dogs with malignant lymphoma. Am J Vet Res, 62:1442 1446, 2001.
- Weese JS, Staempfli HR, Prescott JF, Kruth SA, Greenwood SJ, Weese HE. The roles of Clostridium difficile and enterotoxigenic Clostridium perfringens in diarrhea in dogs. J Vet Intern Med, 15:374-378, 2001.
- Lutzko C, Abrams-Ogg ACG, Li L, Zhao Y, Lau K, Kruth S, Dube ID. Fractionation of gene modified hematopoietic autografts into multiple weekly infusions does not improve engraftment in unconditioned canine recipients. Hematology, 4:499-503, 2000.
Search PubMed for additional publications by Dr. Kruth.