- CS 2111
- Effects of drugs and systemic disease on blood coagulation.
- Transufsion Medicine.
- Effects of health and disease on the fecal microbiome.
- Effect of fecal microbial transplant on inflammatory bowel disease in dogs.
- Assessment of pre-transfusion testing on blood transfusion safety.
- Immunopathogenesis of immune mediated hemolytic anemia.
- Coagulation abnormalities in immune mediated and other diseases.
Current Graduate Students
- Cuq B,* Blois SL, Mathews KA. Anti-thymocyte serum as part of an immunosuppressive regimen in treating haematological immune-mediated diseases in dogs. J Small Anim Pract. 2017 Jun;58(6):348-354.
- Cuq B,* Blois SL, Wood RD, Monteith G, Abrams-Ogg AC, Bédard C, Wood GA. Reproducibility, stability, and biological variability of thrombin generation using calibrated automated thrombography in healthy dogs. Vet Clin Pathol. 2018 Jun;47(2):218-226.
- Westgarth S,* Blois SL, D Wood R, Verbrugghe A, Ma DW. Effects of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and aspirin, alone and combined, on canine platelet function. J Small Anim Pract. 2018 May;59(5):272-280.
- Park FM,* Blois SL, Abrams-Ogg AC, Wood RD, Allen DG, Nykamp SG, Downie A. Hypercoagulability and ACTH-dependent hyperadrenocorticism in dogs. J Vet Intern Med. 2013 Sep-Oct;27(5):1136 42.
- Cobrin AR,* Blois SL, Kruth SA, Abrams-Ogg AC, Dewey C. Biomarkers in the assessment of acute and chronic kidney diseases in the dog and cat. J Small Anim Pract. 2013 Dec;54(12):647-55.
- Blois SL, Lang ST, Wood RD, Monteith G. Biologic variability and correlation of platelet function testing in healthy dogs. Vet Clin Pathol. 2015 Dec;44(4):503-10.
- Ho KK, Abrams-Ogg AC, Wood RD, O'Sullivan ML, Kirby GM, Blois SL. Assessment of platelet function in healthy sedated cats using three whole blood platelet function tests. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2015 May;27(3):352-60.
- Blois SL, Richardson DM, Abrams-Ogg AC. Comparison of a gel column blood typing method and a point-of-care cartridge for dog erythrocyte antigen 1.1. J Vet Emerg Crit Care 2013 May-Jun;23(3):340-3.
- Banerjee, A.,* Blois, S.L., Wood, R.D. Comparing Citrated Native, Kaolin Activated and Tissue Factor Activated Samples and Determining Intra-individual Variability for Feline Thromboelastography. Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation 2011; 23(6).
- Blois, S.L. Allen, D.G., Wood, R.D., Conlon, P.D. The effects of aspirin, carprofen, deracoxib, and meloxicam on platelet function and systemic prostaglandins in healthy dogs. American Journal of Veterinary Research 2010; 71(3):349-58.
* Denotes undergraduate or graduate student supervision
- Contributing author, The Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Manual, Editor: Mathews.
- Chapters authored/co-authored: Canine Thromboembolic Disease, Feline Thromboembolic Disease, Transfusion of Blood, Esophageal Foreign Bodies, Hyperadrenocorticism.
- Contributing author, Textbook of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Editors: Ettinger, Feldman, Cote.
- Chapters authored/co-authored: Anti-inflammatory therapy, Petechiae and Ecchymoses, Blood transfusions, Hyper- and Hypocoagulable states.
- Contributing author, Clinical Veterinary Advisor - Dogs and Cats.
- Chapters authored/co-authored: Cyanosis, Epistaxis.
- Contributing author and section editor, Veterinary Technician Specialists – Internal Medicine Textbook.
- Chapters authored: Introduction to Vaccination, Canine Vaccination, Dietary Treatment of Urinary Tract Disorders.
- Section editor of Immunology and Vaccination section.
- Contributing author, Merck Veterinary Manual.
- Chapters authored: Gastrointestinal Diseases (Gastrointestinal Ulceration, Helicobacter Infection, Gastrointestinal Neoplasia, Gastrointestinal Obstruction).
- Contributing author, Veterinary Board Games (Veterinary Board Exam Review Flash Cards), Charlottetown PE, Canada; www.veterinaryboardgames.com (2008).
Search PubMed for additional publications by Dr. Blois.