Professor Emeritus/Emerita | DVM, MSc, PhD
Bovine and equine respiratory medicine. Pulmonary functional test and BAL.
- Vengust, M., H. Staempfli, L.Viel, and G. Heigenhauser. Transvascular fluid flux from the pulmonary vasculature at rest and during exercise in horses. J Physiol.:397-405. 2005 .
- Hare, J.E, Viel, L., Conlon, P.D., Marshall, J.S., In vitro allergen-induced degran. of pulmonary mast cells from horses with recurrent airway obstruction (heaves). Am. J. Vet. Res. 60:841-847, 1999
- Hare, J.E., Viel, L., Pulmonary eosinophilia associated with increased airway responsiveness in young racing horses. J. Vet. Intern. Med. 12:163-170, 1998
- Sutton, G.A., Viel, L., Carman, P.S., Boag, B.L., Pathogenesis and clinical signs of equine herpes-1 in experimentally infected ponies in vivo. Can. J. Vet. Res. 62:49-55, 1998
- Viel, L., "Lower airway inflammation in young performance horses", in N.E. Robinson (ed), Current Therapy in Equine Medicine (4th ed., W.B. Saunders, Co., Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1997) pp. 426-429
- Viel, L., "Small airway disease as a vanguard for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Respiratory medicine in ambulatory practice", in J.J. Bertone (ed), Vet. Clinics of North America (W.B. Saunders Co., Toronto, Ontario, 1997) pp. 549-561
- Hoffman, A.D., Viel, L., "Techniques for sampling the respiratory tract of horses. Respiratory medicine in ambulatory practice", in J.J. Bertone (ed), Vet. Clinics of North America (W.B. Saunders Co., Toronto, Ontario, 1997) pp. 463-476
- Tesarowski, D.B., Viel, L., McDonell, W.N., Pulmonary function measurements during repeated environmental challenge of horses with recurrent airway obstruction (heaves) and controls. Am. J. Vet. Res. 57:1214-1219, 1996
- Hoffman, A.M., Viel, L., Staempfli, H.R., Muckle, C.A., Yager, J.A., Sensitivity and specificity of bronchoalveolar lavage and protected catheter brush methods for isolating bacteria from foals with experimentally induced pneumonia caused by Klebsiella pneumoniae. Am. J. Vet. Res. 54:1803-1807, 1993
Search PubMed for additional publications by Dr. Viel.