Professor | DMV, DVSc, Diplomate ACVS
- Minimally invasive surgery (Laparoscopy and Thorascoscopy)
- Interventional procedures (tracheal, ureteral and urethral stenting, subcutaneous ureteral bypass, vascular procedures such as intrahepatic portosystemic shunt attenuation)
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Brisson B.A., Moffat S.L., Swayne SL, Parent J. Recurrence of Thoracolumbar Intervertebral Disc Extrusion in Chondrodystrophic Dogs After Surgical Decompression With or Without Prophylactic Fenestration: 265 Cases; 1995-1999.Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association June 1, 2004; Vol. 224, No. 11: 1808-1814.
- *Hewitt S.A., Brisson B.A., Sinclair M., Foster R.A., Swayne S.L. Evaluation of Laparoscopic-Assisted Jejunostomy Feeding Tube Placement in Dogs. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association July 1, 2004; Vol. 225, No. 1: 65-71. (Result of Graduate Student supervision)
- Gibson T, Brisson B.A. Retrospective Evaluation of 102 Cases of Diaphragmatic Hernia in Dogs and Cats: January 1990 to December 2002. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association vol. 227, July 2005: 105-109.
- *Murphy K, Brisson B.A. Evaluation of lung lobe torsion in Pugs: 7 cases (1991-2004).
Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association. 2006 Jan 1;228(1):86-90.
- Brisson B.A., Holmberg D.L., House M.M. Comparison of mesenteric lymphadenography performed via surgical and laparoscopic approaches in dogs.American Journal of Veterinary Research. January 2006; 67(1):168-73.
- *Bos A.S., Brisson B.A., Holmberg D.L., Nykamp S. Use of the ventrodorsal myelographic view in determining lateralization of intervertebral disc extrusion in chondrodystrophic dogs. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association vol.230, No. 12, June 15, 2007. (Result of Graduate Student supervision)
- *Bruce C, Brisson BA. Spinal fracture and luxation in dogs and cats. Veterinary Comparative Orthopedic and Traumatology. 2008; 21:280-284.
- Singh A, Brisson BA, O’Sullivan L. Chylothorax associated with thrombosis of the cranial vena cava. Can Vet J 2010;51:847–852.
- Brisson BA, Holmberg DL, Wick SL, Parent J. Comparison of the Effect of Single-Site and Multiple-Site Disc Fenestration on the Rate of Recurrence of Thoracolumbar Intervertebral Disc Extrusion in Dogs: a Prospective, Randomized, Controlled Study. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2011 Jun 15;238(12):1593-600.
- *Singh A, Brisson BA, Nykamp S, O’Sullivan ML, Thomason J. Comparison of Computed Tomographic and Radiographic Popliteal Lymphadenography in Dogs. Vet Surg. 2011 Aug; 40(6):762-767.
- *Singh AM, Brisson BA, O’Sullivan ML, Solomon JA, Malek S, Nykamp S, Thomason J.Feasibility of Percutaneous Catheterization and Embolization of the Thoracic Duct in Dogs. Am J Vet Res. 2011 Nov; 72(11):1527-1534.
- *Bos AS, Brisson BA, Nykamp SG, Poma R, Foster RA. Accuracy, intermethod agreement, and inter-reviewer agreement for use of magnetic resonance imaging and myelography in small breed dogs with naturally occurring first-time intervertebral disc extrusion. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2012 Apr 15;240(8):969-977
Selected Case reports:
- Brisson BA, Holmberg DL. Use of Pericardial Patch Reconstruction of the Right Atrium for the Treatment of Hemangiosarcoma in a Dog. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association. March 1, 2001; Vol. 218, No. 5:723-725.
- *Lykken J, Brisson BA, Etue S. Acute Pneumoperitoneum Secondary to a Perforated Gastric Ulcer in a Cat. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association June 15, 2003; Vol. 222, No. 12: 1713-1716.
- *Leclerc A, Brisson BA, Etue S. Pneumopericardium Associated with a Pulmonary-Pericardial Communication in a Dog. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association March 1, 2004; Vol. 224, No. 5: 710-712.
- Brisson BA, Bersenas A, Etue S. Ultrasonographic Diagnosis of Septic Arthritis Secondary Porcupine Quill Migration in a Dog. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association May 1, 2004; Vol. 224, No. 9: 1467-1470.
- Brisson BA, Whitesides D, Holmberg DL. Metastatic Adenocarcinoma of the Apocrine Glands of the Anal Sac Presenting with Acute Paralysis; A Case Report. Canadian Veterinary Journal Vol. 45, August 2004: 678-681.
- *Hewitt SA, Brisson BA, Holmberg DL. Bile Peritonitis Secondary to Gastric Dilation-Volvulus in a Dog. Canadian Veterinary Journal vol. 46, March 2005:260-262.
- Brisson BA, Reggeti F, Bienzle D. Portal site metastasis following diagnostic thoracoscopy in a dog with invasive mesothelioma. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association. 2006 Sept 15; 229(6);980-983.
- Brisson BA, Theoret MC. Osteolysis of the radius and ulna induced by a circumferential foreign body in a cat. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association. 2008 Oct 1; 233(7);1117-1120.
- *Reed T, Brisson BA, Schutt L. Cystic Ectopic Lingual Thyroid Tissue in a Six-Year Old Neutered Male Cat. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2011 Oct 1; 239(7):981-984.
- *Woods K, Brisson BA, Defarges A. Congenital duplex gallbladder and biliary mucocele associated with partial hepatic cholestasis and cholelithiasis in a cat. Can Vet J 2012; 53:269-273.
Search PubMed for additional publications by Dr. Brisson.