Clinical Studies News Bulletin
Monday, May 21, 2018
Victoria Day Weekend
WELCOME TO OUR LOCUMS:
- Dr Galina Hayes will be working Small Animal Surgery until May 27th.
- Dr James Schachtel has returned to Diagnostic Imaging and will be with us until May 27th.
- Dr Michelle Turek will be working in Oncology from May 21st – Jun 1st.
- Dr Tamara MacDonald will be returning to Small Animal Surgery early in June.
1. BEST WISHES TO LYNNE O’SULLIVAN Join us in the Sunken Lounge this Thursday, May 24, 2018 at 3:00 pm to wish her well as she transitions into her new position.
2. Our next DEPARTMENTAL FACULTY MEETING is scheduled for May 25, 2018 at 8:30-9:30 am in Room 2106 ANCC Bldg 49, CS Lounge. Please forward any agenda items and confirm your attendance by responding to the calendar invitation.
3. COURSE VERIFICATION PROCESS It’s that time of year again. Please follow the link below for all the necessary information and forms relating to the course verification process. http://ovc.uoguelph.ca/information-management/course-verification
All questions about this process can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission deadline is June 15th, 2018
4. WIFI UPGRADE WiFi access points are scheduled to be added to the following rooms between May 30th and June 1st. Rooms 2103, 2106, 2114, 2125, 2134, 2143, 2151, 2152, 2160, 2164.
5. SEARCH COMMITTEES UPDATES - Ongoing Searches
- Small Animal Surgery 3 yr CL Assistant Professor – posted, open for applications
- Diagnostic Imaging Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor – posted, open for applications
- Emergency & Critical Care 1 yr CL Assistant Professor – posted, open for applications
- Canine & Feline Nutrition 1 yr CL Assistant Professor – Dr Abood to start in June
- Radiation Oncology 3 yr CL Assistant Professor – posted, open for applications
- Medical Oncology Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor – in progress
- Cardiology Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor – posted, open for applications
GRADUATE PROGRAM UPDATE
6. The DVSc. Qualifying (oral) Examination of
Dr. Xiu Ting Yiew
Will be held:
Date: June 1, 2018
Time: 9:00 am
Location: Room 2106 Clinical Studies Grad Lounge
Discipline: Emergency & Critical Care
Dr. Carolyn Kerr (Exam Chair)
Dr. Shane Bateman
Dr. Alice Defarges
Dr. Andrea Sanchez-Lazaro
Dr. Fiona James
Qualifying Examinations in the Department are open to faculty and graduate students.
UPCOMING DEADLINES, EVENTS & SEMINARS
7. OVC Cafeteria will NOT be closing. http://bulletin.ovc.uoguelph.ca/post/173896518890/ovc-cafeteria-kitchen-remains-open-update-on
8. Funding Opportunities, Scholarships & Awards https://ovc.uoguelph.ca/clinical-studies/scholarship-award-funding-opportunities Check the CS website often as the website is updated frequently and includes May deadlines!
10. Faculty Candidate Seminar in the Department of Pathobiology Dr Wayne Xu will be presenting “Tackle Foodborne Illnesses and One Health Problem Through Metagenomics and Bioinformatics on May 24, 2018 in Rm 1812 PATH at 10:30 am Poster
Please email news and updates to email@example.com by Friday @ noon. Thanks!