Clinical Studies News Bulletin
Monday, 9 July, 2018
WELCOME TO OUR LOCUMS:
- Dr Heidi Phillips is working in Small Animal Surgery Jul 3 - 15.
- Dr James Schachtel has returned to Diagnostic Imaging July 9 – 21.
- Dr John Baird will be working in Large Animal Medicine July 16 – Aug 31.
- Dr Tamara MacDonald will be back in Small Animal Surgery Jul 23 - Aug 6.
- Dr Ajay Sharma will be working in Diagnostic Imaging Jul 23 – 27.
- Dr Benoit Cuq will be working in Small Animal Internal Medicine Jul 23 – 29, returning again Aug 13 - 19.
- Dr. Robert Cruz will be working in Diagnostic Imaging Aug 20 – 24.
1. FACULTY CANDIDATE INTERVIEWS THIS WEEK
All are welcome and encouraged to participate in the interview process.
- Dr Sam Hocker – July 12, 2018 Itinerary and Interview Evaluation Form
- Dr Debbie Reynolds – July 11, 2018 Itinerary and Interview Evaluation Form
Please remember to forward your comments to the Chair’s office by Friday, July 20, 2018.
2. CLINICAL STUDIES GRADUATE STUDENTS APPRECIATION AND WELCOME!
Families are invited. One (1) free drink and cash bar will be available. Please complete the poll to confirm attendance.
Who: All Clinical Studies faculty, staff, grad students and interns with their families
When: Tuesday, August 7, 2018
Where: The Brass Taps, University Centre
Time: 6:30 pm
3. CANDIDATES FOR THE POSITION OF ASSOCIATE DEAN, STUDENTS AND ACADEMIC
The final interview date and itinerary is below. Please remember to forward your comments to the Selection Committee.
Dr Todd O’Hara – Itinerary – July 24, 2018
4. ROAD CLOSURE: COLLEGE AVE east of Gordon Street will be closed July 9 – 13, 2018 for water-mail work. Watch for signage and barricades.
5. SEARCH COMMITTEES UPDATES - Ongoing Searches
- Small Animal Surgery 3 yr CL Assistant Professor – Dr Debbie Reynolds will be interviewing on July 11, 2018. Details are listed in #2 above.
- Diagnostic Imaging Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor – posted, open for applications
- Emergency & Critical Care 1 yr CL Assistant Professor – posted, open for applications
- Radiation Oncology 3 yr CL Assistant Professor – posted, open for applications
- Medical Oncology Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor – Dr Sam Hocker will be interviewing on July 12, 2018. Details are listed in #2 above.
- Cardiology Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor – posted, open for applications
UPCOMING DEADLINES, EVENTS & SEMINARS
6. Library Workshops for Faculty have been scheduled for July 18, 2018 and July 23, 2018. Details are available in the attached email.
7. Aboriginal Post-Doctoral Fellowship details are available on the CS Website under Scholarships, Awards & Funding Opportunities. Applications are due July 25, 2018.
8. CASV-ACVP SWINE LEADERSHIP TRAVEL AWARDS Call for Applications Details are available on the CS website, Scholarship, Award & Funding Opportunities Applications are open June 1- September 30, 2018 or until candidates are identified and funds awarded.
9. OVC Asset Management There is currently a college level initiative under way working to better understand the major fixed assets owned and operated by OVC. The primary target for this project is equipment that was purchased at a price greater than $5,000 (though there are other criteria).
The ultimate product will be a dynamic list of the College's assets, complete with all pertinent information (including service history). This valuable data resource (managed by OVC SAS) will be available, as appropriate, at any level of the organization. The information could be used in a variety of ways; optimizing resource utilization at a department level, tracking equipment expenses by research grant, aiding in buy or replace decisions, and much more. It will also position OVC as a campus leader in this regard.
A project team will be touring the department to record information and affix barcodes to each piece of equipment. This team will require local guides to properly access and inspect each of our facilities that contain assets of this type. We have provided them a list of names and they will contact you directly to schedule a visit. Please accommodate them in this endeavor; they will abide by the rules of your space and won't need much of your time.
This work will begin immediately and continue over the summer months. Please respond to an inquiry from any member of the project team:
- Bohan Jiang
- Andrew Ford
- Justin Sheba
Any questions about the project itself can be directed at Scott Moccia (email@example.com ext. 54045).
Thanks, Carolyn and Sharita
GRADUATE PROGRAM UPDATE
10. Clinical Studies MSc Graduate Stipend Support Competition - 2018
Applications are now being accepted for MSc graduate stipend support for Fall 2018. Applications packages should be submitted to the Graduate Program Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 23, 2018. The application form is available here and will be posted on the Department of Clinical Studies website under “Graduate Studies”.