Clinical Studies News Bulletin
Monday, March 27, 2017
1. Thank you, Ellen Krueger, for your contributions in Large Animal Surgery. In celebration, cake will be served in the Sunken Lounge at 3:30 pm on March 31, 2017. Please plan to attend and join us in wishing Ellen well.
2. The next Departmental Faculty Meeting is tentatively set for Friday, May 5, 2017 starting at 8:30 am in Room 2106 ANCC Bldg 49, CS Lounge. Calendar invitations will be sent.
3. SEARCH COMMITTEES UPDATE - Ongoing Searches
Reminder to all members of the current Search Committees – Please make sure your Diversity & Human Rights Training has been completed during the current Faculty Collective Agreement period. To book a session, email the Diversity and Human Rights Office at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com (Linda Wing).
- Medical Oncology Assistant Professor – in progress
- Ophthalmology Assistant/Associate Professor – open for applications
- Radiation Oncology Assistant Professor – open for applications
- Small Animal Surgery 3 yr CL Assistant Professor – open for applications
- Small Animal Internal Medicine 2 yr CL Assistant Professor – open for applications
- Diagnostic Imaging Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor – open for applications
- Diagnostic Imaging Locum – open for applications
- Avian & Exotics Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor –Nominations closed today - Search Committee to be announced soon
4. Online Teaching Instructor Surveys in CEVAL are now accessible for students and will be available until the last day before the final exam in each course. Please encourage students to complete the online surveys. Contact Linda Wing with any comments or concerns.
5. GRADUATE PROGRAM UPDATE:
Grand Rounds will be held on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 from 8:00 – 9:00 am in Rm 1438 JASC Bldg 44.
Presenters this week are:
‘Fatal anesthetic event in a young Black Angus bull’
Case & Program Advisor: Alex Valverde
‘A case of spinal lymphoma’
Case & Program Advisor: Sarah Bernard
HOLD THE DATE for W2017 Graduate Student Research Presentations
Wednesday, April 12th, 2017 - 8:00am-9:30am - Room 2106 ANCC Bldg 49
8:00 am - Christopher Greenwood - Small Animal Medicine
8:30 am - Xiu Ting Yiew - Emergency & Critical Care
9:00 am - Sarah Dodd - Nutrition
6. Campbell Centre Seminar: Introduction to Wildlife Rehabilitation – Welfare and Ethical Considerations is being held March 30, 2017, 12:30 – 1:30 pm, 1800 PAHL. Details
7. This year's Final Year Play is taking place the evening of March 28, 2017. The Kick Off is taking place on April 1, 2017.
8. The 1st Comparative and Translational Regenerative Medicine Network Research Day is being held on April 6, 2017 from 10:00 am – 4:30 pm in the Lifetime Learning Centre, OVC. Details
9. Research Seminar: Dr Andrew Iwaniuk, University of Lethbridge will be presenting on April 10, 2017 at 9:30 am in 1812 PABL. Details
10. Rotation Evaluations: Faculty are encouraged to remind students to complete the rotation evaluations before the end of the semester. Rotation evaluations for S16, F16 & W17 will be accepted up until April 30, 2017. Forms are available in the Student Duty offices, in the Phase 4 Handbook, the Clinical Studies Website (Forms & Links of Interest) or from Linda Wing, 2142 ANCC Bldg 49.
11. University Fiscal Year End for 2017: The Fiscal Year end for the University of Guelph is April 30, 2017. Deadlines and Procedures have been posted to the Clinical Studies Forms & Links of Interest website.
12. F17 Course Timetables have been posted to WebAdvisor. Contact Linda Wing with any errors or omissions.
13. 2017 Annual Campus-Wide Electrical Shutdown will take place over 2 days this year. Saturday, April 29 and Sunday, April 30, 2017 – Daily from 7:00 am until approx. 7:00 pm. Details are available on the Clinical Studies website under Forms & Links of Interest tab.
14. Call for Abstracts for the 2nd Annual Swine Research Day at the University of Guelph The event will be held on May 17, 2017 in Creelman Hall. Details
15. CPHAZ Symposium will be held in Rozanski Hall, University of Guelph on May 23, 2017!! Abstract submission and registration will be opening very soon on their website. Everyone is welcome to register (free). If you are interested in becoming a member, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. President’s Awards for Exemplary Staff Service Details are on the Clinical Studies website under Scholarships & Award Opportunities. Nominations are due May 31, 2017.
Please email news and updates to email@example.com by Friday @ noon. Thanks!