Clinical Studies News Bulletin
Monday, September 16, 2019
- SEARCH COMMITTEE UPDATES:
- Emergency and Critical Care Medicine- 2 yr CL Assistant Professor- in progress
- Large Animal Surgery- Assistant or Associate Professor- in progress
- Large Animal Internal Medicine- 3 yr CL Assistant or Associate Professor- in progress
- Oral Qualifying Examination for Christopher Hagen on Tuesday, September 17th, 2019 at 9:30am in the Clinical Studies Lounge, Room 2106. See announcement attached.
- Room Booking Reminder: Faculty should not book room 2106 through the main campus for academic purposes. Requests for booking this room can go through the AACF, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GRADUATE PROGRAM SERVICES is very happy to welcome Katherine Iversen to the regular full time position of Graduate Program Assistant – Biomedical Science, and Clinical Studies MSc.
- All members of the University community are invited for a talk, Grad School and Beyond: How to Support Student Productivity and Stress, on Thursday, October 3rd from 12:30-1:30pm in the University Centre, Room 442. The event is free. Coffee and light snacks will be served. Please RSVP to the event: www.uoguelph.ca/csahs/events/TLE
- Holiday Work Schedule: See attached for Human Resources memo regarding December/January Holiday schedule- 2019/2020.
- Graduate Course Selection for Winter 2020 has been changed to Monday, October 28th, 2019 in order to accommodate scheduling requirements. This change is now reflected in the Schedule of Dates in the Graduate Calendar.
- 2019 Rabies Titre Clinic to be held on Tuesday, September 24th at 8:30am-1:30pm in the Lifetime Learning Centre, room 1701. See attachment.
- The Office of Teaching and Learning are pleased to announce a new program for faculty. This fall we are we are offering a pilot suite of workshops and a new "Open Class Week" event for faculty on their teaching development journey. See announcement attached.
- OVC SAS Graduate Program Services Drop-In Sessions will start on Monday, Oct. 7th, 2019 and conclude Monday, Dec. 16th, 2019. During this period, a GPA will be located in each department for 90 minutes every Monday. When Monday is a holiday, the session will move to Tuesday. This is an opportunity for graduate students to ask questions related to the administrative aspect of their studies. Faculty members and students from other departments are also welcome to drop-in. GPA’s can be found in the Stewart Building room 2509.
- Wellness@Work is challenging you to try at least one new hike each week during the busy month of September for your chance to win a prize. See attached for announcement. Also, check out some of the October events planned for Healthy Workplace Month! https://www.uoguelph.ca/wellnessatwork/healthy-workplace-month
- Wellness@Work is hosting a Fall Equinox Day of Yoga on Monday, September 23rdon Johnston Green. Classical Yoga will take place from 11:30am-1:00pm and meditation from 1:00pm-1:30pm. All are welcome. See attached for poster.