Clinical Studies News Bulletin
Monday, June 19, 2017
1. CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR FACULTY AWARD RECIPIENTS at the OVC Convocation 2017 on June 16, 2017
- Dr Chantale Pinard received the Ontario Veterinary College “Year ‘68” Award for Teaching Excellence.
- Dr Ameet Singh received the K. M. Bhatnagar Memorial Humanitarian Award.
- Dr Don Trout received the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association Teacher of the Year award.
- Dr Chantale Pinard received the Carl J. Norden Distinguished Teaching Award.
2. UNITED WAY REPRESENTATIVE: Looking for a way to get involved and make a difference in our community? Clinical Studies is looking for a volunteer representative for the University of Guelph campus United Way.
Contact Linda Wing if you are interested.
3. Avian & Exotics Faculty Candidate interview with Dr Hugues Beaufrere is being held June 26 & 27, 2017. Itinerary, Seminar Announcement and Interview Evaluation The final itinerary will be posted to the website later this week. All faculty, students and staff are encouraged to participate in the interview and attend Dr Beaufrere’s presentation.
4. WELCOME to our new faculty member and visitors:
- Dr Sam Hocker will be join the Clinical Studies team as a 3-year contractually limited Medical Oncologist starting July 17, 2017. His office will be located in
2119 ANCC Building 49.
- Dr Valerie Poirier will be doing a locum in Radiation Oncology
June 19–July 7, 2017.
- Dr Nora Matthews is returning to Anesthesia July 24–July 28, 2017.
5. SEARCH COMMITTEES UPDATE - Ongoing Searches
- Small Animal Surgery 3 yr CL Assistant Professor – candidate interview
Dr Dominique Gagnon – July 7, 2017 Itinerary to follow
- Small Animal Internal Medicine 2 yr CL Assistant Professor – search in progress
- Diagnostic Imaging Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor – in progress
Dr Cyrielle Finck – Please complete the Interview Evaluation and return to Linda Wing by June 29, 2017.
Dr Sheila Etue – July 13 & 14, 2017 Itinerary to follow
- Large Animal Emergency Medicine & Surgery 3 yr CL Assistant Professor – in progress
- Veterinary Specialist, Large Animal Surgery, Locum – in progress
- Ophthalmology Assistant/Associate Professor – open for applications
- Radiation Oncology Assistant Professor – open for applications
6. Course Verification The course verification process for this academic year is officially live. The college website should provide all of the information you need, including the current year forms. http://ovc.uoguelph.ca/information-management/course-verification
- Deadline is June 30, 2017
- Submit via email to this account (email@example.com)
- All faculty are required to submit one Individual Verification form for the entirety of their 2016-17 teaching
- Every OVC course and rotation is required to submit a Course Verification Form (responsibility of a course/rotation coordinator)
Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions. Scott Moccia
7. CPR in Horses/Large Animals Lecture
Dr Cooper has kindly agreed to give us a lecture on June 29, 2017 at 8:00 am in room 1713 LLC. We have picked the timeslot that both the new and old interns as well as residents and technicians and whoever else feels like this is a good refresher can attend.
Judith Koenig, Mag vet med, Dr med vet, DVSc
8. The OVC BBQ will be held on July 11, 2017. Details will follow.
Please email news and updates to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday @ noon. Thanks!