Clinical Studies News Bulletin
Monday, February 18, 2020
SEARCH COMMITTEE UPDATES
- Emergency and Critical Care Medicine
- Assistant or Associate Professor, 18-24 month CL. In Progress
- Small Animal Surgery
Assistant or Associate Professor- In progress
- We are welcoming Dr. Patricia Biello who will be starting in Emergency & Critical Care today.
- The External Reviewer’s Assessment Report on Clinical Studies MSc and Diploma programs has been received is available for review (see attached). Link to appendices is here. Please send feedback to the GSRC.
- Comprehensive exam season is upon us. I hoped to refresh everyone's memory regarding the process so all of our graduate students are being treated the same. Please see the process outlined in the attached document for the steps leading up to the examination. Details regarding the timing of the written and oral examination are outlined on the Request for DVSc Qualifying Examination form (please see attached).
- An opportunity of a lifetime! As Dr. Oblak & Bateman will be headed on leaves in 2020/2021, we are currently looking for some course coordinators for the Professional Skills course (CLIN*6910). Please let Carolyn know if you would like to take on this critical course for our department.
- OVC Community of Teachers Series focuses on Best practices in creating effective multiple choice questions with Jennifer Reniers, Office of Teaching and Learning. This session is open to all OVC Faculty and Staff and will be held Thursday, February 20, 2020 in room 1713 LLC.
- Roman Husnik’s farewell is scheduled for Tuesday, February 25thfrom 2:00-3:00pm in Clinical Studies room 2152. There will be coffee & cake!
- Pet Trust Winter 2020 competition- Deadline for OR5 to Chair/ADR (internal): March 4, 2020. Deadline for Full Proposal: April 1, 2020. Details can be found here.
- The Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences is recruiting for a nutrition study. Adults with elevated LDL cholesterol (3-5 mmol/L) are needed for a Bean Study. See attached for details.
- See attached for an announcement for the Final Qualifying Oral Examination of Christopher Pinard for February 25, 2020 at 1:30pm in room 2106.
- Brass Taps is launching aa new Staff and Faculty Friday social each week called Cinq de Sept from 4:00-8:00pm. Free appetizers will be provided by Brass Taps and drink specials will be available.
- On Friday, February 28th, Brass Taps is hosting a Free Staff & Faculty Trivia Night. There will be free food, drink specials, and prizes for winning teams. Trivia will start at 5:00pm. You can sign your team up here.
- Free Classical Yoga is being offered every Tuesday in Peter Clark Hall from 12:00-1:00pm. All are welcome.
- The 2020 One Health Institute Summer Research Studentship is open. The deadline for project submissions is February 21. See attached for details.
- The deferred exam dates for Winter 2020 are:
- Monday February 24, 6:00-7:00pm
- Wednesday April 1, 9:00-10:00am
In order to have exams printed and returned in time, copies of exams, along with answer keys, are due 10 days in advance to Vanessa. See attached for notice.