- Biomed 3626
- Biomed 3638
- Personal Website
Professor | BSc, PhD McMaster
- Role of insulin-like growth factors in mammary and lung physiology and tumorigenesis
- Generation of transgenic mouse models to study human disease
- Signal transduction pathways and gene expression
- Jones RA, Moorehead RA. Integrative analysis of copy number and gene expression data identifies potential oncogenic drivers that promote mammary tumor recurrence. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2019 Jun;58(6):381-391. doi: 10.1002/gcc.22729. Epub 2019 Jan 30. PMID:30597648
- Jones RA, Franks SE, Moorehead RA. Comparative mRNA and miRNA transcriptome analysis of a mouse model of IGFIR-driven lung cancer. PLoS One. 2018 Nov 9;13(11):e0206948. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0206948. eCollection 2018. PMID:30412601
- Watson, KL, Jones RA, Bruce A and Moorehead RA. The miR-200b/200a/429 cluster prevents metastasis and induces dormancy in a murine claudin-low mammary tumor cell line. Experimental Cell Research (in press).
- Chorner PM, Moorehead RA. A-674563, a putative AKT1 inhibitor that also suppresses CDK2 activity, inhibits human NSCLC cell growth more effectively than the pan-AKT inhibitor, MK-2206. PLoS One. 2018 Feb 22;13(2):e0193344.
- Jones R, Watson K, Bruce A, Nersesian S, Kitz J, Moorehead R. Re-expression of miR-200c suppresses proliferation, colony formation and in vivo tumor growth of murine claudin-low mammary tumor cells. Oncotarget. 2017 Apr 4;8(14):23727-23749.
- Linnerth-Petrik NM, Santry LA, Moorehead R, Jücker M, Wootton SK, Petrik J. Akt isoform specific effects in ovarian cancer progression. Oncotarget. 2016 Nov 15;7(46):74820-74833
- Saleh S, Thompson DE, McConkey J, Murray P, Moorehead RA. Osteopontin regulates proliferation, apoptosis, and migration of murine claudin-low mammary tumor cells. BMC Cancer. 2016 Jun 10;16:359.
- Franks SE, Jones RA, Briah R, Murray P, Moorehead RA. BMS-754807 is cytotoxic to non-small cell lung cancer cells and enhances the effects of platinum chemotherapeutics in the human lung cancer cell line A549. BMC Res Notes. 2016 Mar 1;9:134.
- Franks, SE, Briah, R, Jones, RA and Moorehead, RA. Unique roles of Akt1 and Akt2 in IGF-IR mediated lung tumorigenesis. Oncotarget. 2016 Jan 19;7(3):3297-316.
- Watson, KL, Stalker, L, Jones, RA and Moorehead, RA. High levels of dietary soy decrease mammary tumor latency and increase incidence in MTB-IGFIR transgenic mice. BMC Cancer 2015 Feb 6;15:37
- Jones, RA, Watson, KL, Campbell, CI and Moorehead, RA. IGF-IR mediated mammary tumorigenesis is enhanced during pubertal development. PLoS One 2014 Sep 26;9(9): e108781
- Stalker, L, Pemberton, J and Moorehead, RA. Inhibition of proliferation and migration of luminal and claudin-low breast cancer cells by PDGFR inhibitors. Cancer Cell Int 2014 Sep 5;14(1):89.
- Watson, KL and Moorehead RA. Loss of Akt1 or Akt2 delays mammary tumor onset and suppresses tumor growth rate in MTB-IGFIR transgenic mice. BMC Cancer 2013 13:375
- Thompson, D.E., Siwicky, M.D., and Moorehead, R.A. Caveolin-1 expression is elevated in claudin-low mammary tumor cells. Cancer Cell Int 2012 12:6Campbell, C.I. and Moorehead, R.A. Mammary tumors that become independent of the type I insulin-like growth factor receptor express elevated levels of platelet-derived growth factor receptors. BMC Cancer 2011 11:480
- Franks, S.E., Campbell, C.I., Barnett, E.F., Siwicky, M.D., Livingstone, J., Cory, S. and Moorehead, R.A.Transgenic IGF-IR overexpression induces mammary tumors with basal-like characteristics, whereas IGF-IR-independent mammary tumors express a claudin-low gene signature. Oncogene 2011 (epub ahead of print)
- Campbell, C.I., Thompson, D.E., Siwicky, M.D. and Moorehead, R.A. Murine mammary tumor cells with a cluadin-low genotype. Cancer Cell Int 2011 11;28
- Campbell, C.I., Petrik, J.J. and Moorehead, R.A. ErbB2 enhances mammary tumorigenesis, oncogene-independent recurrence and metastasis in a model of IGF-IR-mediated mammary tumorigenesis. Mol Cancer 2010 9:235
- Siwicky, M.D., Petrik, J.J., and Moorehead, R.A. The function of IGF-IR in NNK-mediated lung tumorigenesis. Lung Cancer 2011 71:11-18
- Jones, R.A., Petrik, J.J. and Moorehead, R.A. Preneoplastic changes persist after IGF-IR downregulation and tumor regression. Oncogne 2010 29:4779-4786
- Linnerth, N.M., Siwicky, M.D., Campbell, C.I., Watson, K.L.M., Petrik, J.J., Whitsett, J.A., and Moorehead, R.A. Type I insulin-like growth factor receptor induces pulmonary tumorigenesis. Neoplasia. 2009 11:672-682
- Jones, R.A., Campbell, C.I., Wood, G.A., Petrik, J.J., and Moorehead, R.A., Reversibility and recurrence of IGF-IR-induced mammary tumors. Oncogene. 2009 Apr 20. [Epub ahead of print]
- Greenaway, J., Henkin, J., Lawler, J., Moorehead, R., and Petrik, J. ABT-510 induces tumor cell apoptosis and inhibits ovarian tumor growth in an orthotopic, syngeneic model of epithelial ovarian cancer. Mol Cancer Ther. 2009 Jan;8(1):64-74.
- Jones, R.A., and Moorehead, R.A. The impact of transgenic IGF-IR overexpression on mammary development and tumorigenesis. J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia. 2008 Dec;13(4):407-13. Epub 2008 Nov 11. Review.
- Linnerth, N.M., Greenaway, J.B., Petrik, J.J., and Moorehead, R.A. cAMP response element-binding protein is expressed at high levels in human ovarian adenocarcinoma and regulates ovarian tumor cell proliferation. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2008 Jun 11.
- Jones, R.A., Campbell, C.I., Petrik, J.J., and Moorehead, R.A. Characterization of a novel primary mammary tumor cell line reveals that cyclin D1 is regulated by the type I insulin-like growth factor receptor. Mol Cancer Res. 2008 May;6(5):819-28.
- Jones, R.A., Campbell, C.I., Gunther, E.J., Chodosh, L.A., Petrik, J.J., Khokha, R., and Moorehead, R.A. Transgenic overexpression of IGF-IR disrupts mammary ductal morphogenesis and induces tumor formation. Oncogene. 2007 Mar 8;26(11):1636-44. Epub 2006 Sep 4.
- Linnerth, N.L., Baldwin, M., Campbell, C., Brown, M., McGowan, H., and Moorehead, R.A. IGF-II induces CREB phosphorylation and cell survival in human lung cancer cells. Oncogene 2005 Nov; 10:24(49); 7310-9.
- Linnerth, N.L., Sirbovan, K., and Moorehead, R.A. Use of a Transgenic Mouse Model to Identify Markers of Human Lung Tumors. International Journal of Cancer 114:977-982, 2005.