- Biomed 3621
- Biomed 3638
W. Allan King
Adjunct Faculty | BSc, MSc Guelph, PhD Uppsala
- Cytogenetic and morphologic aspects of fertilization and early development
- In vitro fertilization, embryo culture and cloning
- Gene expression in embryos
- Sex chromosome linked gene expression
Current Graduate Students
- Ferris J, Mahboubi K, King WA, Favetta LA,. BPA exposure during in vitro oocyte maturation results in dose-dependent alterations to embryo development rates, apoptosis rate, sex ratio and gene expression. Reproductive Toxicology 59:128-38
- Quach AT, Oluwole O, King WA, Revay T. (2015.) The Porcine TSPY Gene Is Tricopy but Not a Copy Number Variant.PLoS One. 2015 Jul 2;10(7):e0131745
- Ashkar FA, Revay T, Rho N, Madan P, Dufort I, Robert C, Favetta LA, Schmidt C, King WA. (2015). Thyroid hormones alter the transcriptome of in vitro-produced bovine blastocysts. Zygote Jun 23:1-11. [Epub ahead of print]
- Lee WJ, Jeon RH, Jang SJ, Park JS, Lee SC, Baregundi Subbarao R, Lee SL, Park BW, King WA, Rho GJ. (2015). Selection of Reference Genes for Quantitative Gene Expression in Porcine Mesenchymal Stem Cells Derived from Various Sources along with Differentiation into Multilineages. Stem Cells Int. 2015;2015:235192. Epub 2015 Apr 20.
- Revay T, Quach AT, Maignel L, Sullivan B, King WA. (2015) Copy number variations in high and low fertility breeding boars. BMC Genomics. Apr 10;16(1):280. [Epub ahead of print]
- Ferris J, Favetta LA, King WA. (2015). Bisphenol A Exposure during Oocyte Maturation in vitro Results in Spindle Abnormalities and Chromosome Misalignment in Bos taurus. Cytogenet Genome Res. Apr 11. [Epub ahead of print]
- González-Grajales LA, Favetta LA, King WA, Mastromonaco GF.(2015). Developmental competence of 8 to 16-cell stage bison embryos produced by interspecies somatic cell nuclear transfer. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2 Mar 13. [Epub ahead of print]
- Ferris J, Li M, Leatherland JF, King WA. (2015). Estrogen and glucocorticoid receptor agonists and antagonists in oocytes modulate the pattern of expression of genes that encode nuclear receptor proteins in very early stage rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) embryos. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2 Feb;41(1):255-65.. Epub 2014 Dec 19.
- Gilchrist GC, Kurjanowicz P, Mereilles FV. King WA, LaMarre J (2014) Telomere Length and Telomerase Activity in Bovine Pre-Implantation Embryos In Vitro. Reproduction in Domestic Animals 50:58-67.
- Sangalli JR, Chiaratti MR, De Bem THC, de Araújo RR, Bressan FF, et al. (2014) Development to Term of Cloned Cattle Derived from Donor Cells Treated with Valproic Acid. Public Library of Science ONE 9(6): e101022.