The Biomedical Science Histology Suite is a departmental resource that provides valuable experiential training in histologic techniques to students and staff. Instruction and support is available for the following:
- Tissue processing and embedding
- Sectioning of paraffin and cryo preparations
- Routine and special stains
- IHC techniques
Fee-for-service is also offered. Please contact lab manager for details.
- Thermo Scientific Excelsior ES Processor
- Leica HistoCore PEARL Processor
- Thermo Scientific HistoStar Embedding Station
- Leica HistoCore Arcadia Embedding Station
- Thermo Scientific Finesse ME Microtome
- Leica RM2255 Microtome
- Leica Autostainer XL
- Leica CV5030 Auto Coverslipper
- Please use Office365 Calendar to book histology equipment. Click here for instructions.
Authorization Forms and Fees:
The Biomedical Science Histology Suite is operated under the guidelines of the University of Guelph Environmental Health and Safety program.
Equipment was purchased with funding provided by: