Programs are mostly concerned with diseases of animals, including domestic animals, poultry, wild and pet birds, fish, laboratory animals and wildlife.
For more information on faculty research programs, please visit the Pathobiology Faculty page.
Central Research Lab
Room 3817, Building 89
- EVERY NEW USER NEEDS TO 1) ESTABLISH AN ACCOUNT TO PROVIDE FOR BILLING (D. BIENZLE); 2) HAVE AN ORIENTATION REGARDING ACCESS AND USE OF EQUIPMENT IN THIS LABORATORY (MECLARK@UOGUELPH.CA)
- this lab offers tools for the investigation of animal disease from gene to protein to tissue to whole organism
- use of the facility is available to college faculty, post-docs, graduate students and staff on a cost-recovery basis ($25/hr)
- log your use of instruments and workstations in the log books provided
- schedule your times and instruments beforehand at v/workgroup_shares/central research lab booking.
- Arcturus PixCell II Laser Capture Microdissection workstation - networked
- 2 Roche LightCyclers
- Leica CM 3050S cryostat
- Leica DMRA2 microscope with motorized x, y & z stage, red, green and blue fluorescence detection, PowerMac G4, Hamamatsu Orca ER CCD camera, OpenLab 3 software - networked
- Amersham/Pharmacia IPG Phor isolectric focusing unit, circulator, and transfer apparatus
- Perkin Elmer array reader
Some of the Current Research