Areas of Interest
- Arbovirus pathogenesis and transmission involving wildlife
- Infectious diseases of wildlife
- Avian diseases
- Nemeth N, M Ruder, J Brown, B Munk, R Gerhold, P Oesterle, S Kubiski, K Keel. In press. Demodectic mange, dermatophilosis, and other parasitic and bacterial dermatologic diseases in free-ranging white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus) in the United States from 1975-2012. Veterinary Pathology. doi:10.1177/0300985813498783.
- Nemeth N, P Oesterle. In press. West Nile virus from an avian conservation perspective. International Zoo Yearbook 48:―. doi:10.1111/izy.12031.
- Nemeth N, J Brown, D Stallknecht, S Newman, E Howerth, D Swayne. 2013. Experimental infection of bar-headed geese (Anser indicus) and ruddy shelducks (Tadorna ferruginea) with a clade 2.3.2 H5N1 highly pathogenic avian influenza virus. Veterinary Pathology. doi:10.1177/0300985813490758.
- Haman K, T Norton, R Ronconi, N Nemeth, A Thomas, S Courchesne, A Segars, K Keel. 2013. Great shearwater (Puffinus gravis) mortality events along the eastern coast of the United States. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 49(2):235-245.
- Nemeth N, A Bosco-Lauth, P Oesterle, D Kohler, R Bowen. 2012. North American birds as potential amplifying host for Japanese encephalitis viruses. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 87(4):760-767.
- Nemeth N, B Thomsen, T Spraker, J Benson, A Bosco-Lauth, P Oesterle, J Bright, J Muth, T Gidlewski, T Campbell, R Bowen. 2011. Clinical and pathologic responses of American crows (Corvus brachyrhynchos) and fish crows (C. ossifragus) to experimental West Nile virus infection. Veterinary Pathology 48(6):1061-1074.
- Diaz L, N Nemeth, R Bowen, W Almirón, M Contigiani. 2011. Comparison of Argentinean St. Louis encephalitis virus (Flavivirus) non-epidemic and epidemic strain infections in an avian model. PLoS Neglected Pathogens 5(5):e1177.
- Nemeth N, N Thomas, D Orahood, T Anderson, P Oesterle. 2010. Experimental infection of peridomestic passerines with low-pathogenic avian influenza virus. Avian Pathology 39(5):411-418.
- Johnson G, N Nemeth, K Hale, N Lindsey, N Panella, N Komar. 2010. American white pelican (Pelecanus erythrorhynchos) mortality surveillance for West Nile virus and associated human neurologic disease. Emerging Infectious Diseases 16(3):406-411.
- Nemeth N, A Bosco-Lauth, R Bowen. 2009. Cross protection between West Nile and Japanese encephalitis viruses in red-winged blackbirds (Agelaius phoeniceus). Avian Diseases 53(3):421-425.
- Nemeth N, J Dwyer, J Morrison, J Fraser. 2009. Seroprevalence rates of West Nile virus and other arboviruses among crested caracaras (Caracara cheriway) in Florida. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 45(3):817-822.
- Nemeth N, R Bowen, P Oesterle. 2009. Humoral immunity to West Nile virus is long-lasting and protective in the house sparrow (Passer domesticus). American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 80(5):864-869.
- Nemeth N, G Kratz, R Bates, J Scherpelz, R Bowen, N Komar. 2009. Clinical evaluation and outcomes of naturally acquired West Nile virus infection in raptors. Journal of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine 40(1):51-63.
- Nemeth N, G Kratz, J Scherpelz, R Bowen, N Komar. 2008. Naturally-induced West Nile virus immunity in raptors. EcoHealth 5(3):298-304.
- Nemeth N, P Oesterle, R Bowen. 2008. Passive immunity to West Nile virus provides limited protection in a common passerine species. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 79(2):283-290.
Search PubMed for additional publications by Dr. Nemeth.