You are here
Margaret J. Stalker
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office ext: 54545
Areas of Interest
Anatomic Pathology / Liver metabolism and mechanisms of hepatic injury.
My research focuses on examining alterations in hepatic biotransformation enzymes and their influence on hepatic function. Specific areas of interest include investigating the pathogenesis of drug or toxin-induced liver injury, particularly the role of metabolic idiosyncrasies in liver disease.
- Stalker, M.J., R.A. Towner, T.E. Kocal, B.A. Quinn, R.G. Cameron and M.A. Hayes. 1995. Influences odietary deoxycholic acid on progression of hepatocellular neoplasms and expression of glutathione S-transferases in rats. Toxicologic Pathology, 22, 579-588.
- Kirby, G.M., M.J. Stalker, S. Gordon, B.A. Quinn, F.J. van Schooten and M.A. Hayes. 1995. Influences of chronic cholangiohepatitis and cholestasis on hepatic metabolism of benzo(a)pyrene in white suckers (Catostomus commersoni) from industrially polluted areas of Lake Ontario. Carcinogenesis, 16, 2923-2929.
- Stalker, M.J., T.E. Kocal, B.A. Quinn, S.G. Gordon and M.A. Hayes. 1994. Reduced expression of glutathione S-transferase Yb2 during progression of chemically-induced hepatocellular carcinomas in Fischer 344 rats. Hepatology 20, 149-158.
- Stalker, M.J., G.M. Kirby, T.E. Kocal, I.R. Smith and M.A. Hayes. 1991. Loss of glutathione S-transferases in pollution-associated liver neoplasms in white suckers (Catostomus commersoni) from Lake Ontario. Carcinogenesis 12, 2221-2226.
- Hayes, M.A., G.M. Kirby, P.J. Byrne, B.A. Quinn, M.J. Stalker and H.W. Ferguson. 1991. Multifactorial causes of pollution-associated neoplasms in fish in Lake Ontario. In: Proceedings, Environmental Research: 1991 Technology Transfer Conference, Environment Ontario, Toronto. Vol. 1, pp 268-279.
- Kirby, G.M., M. Stalker, J. Hendricks, C. Metcalf, T. Kocal, H. Ferguson and M.A. Hayes. 1990. Expression of immunoreactive glutathione S-transferases in hepatic neoplasms induced by aflatoxin B1 or 1,2- dimethylbenzanthracene in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Carcinogenesis 11, 2255-2257.
- Kirby, G.M., P. Byrne, M.J. Stalker, I.R. Smith and M.A. Hayes. 1990. Involvement of bile duct disease and loss of resistance to chemical carcinogens in the pathogenesis of liver neoplasms in benthic fish from Lake Ontario. In: Proceedings of Technology Transfer Conference, Environment Ontario, Toronto. Vol. 1, pp 302-316.