Areas of Interest
- Genetics of disease
- Innate disease resistance in production animals
- Collagenous lectins, peptidoglycan recognition proteins, and other pattern recognition molecules
- Equine reproductive failure (spontaneous and EHV-associated)
- Margaret Ainslie, BSc (Guelph)
MSc Student (F’14): An epidemiological study of innate immune genotype on Salmonella shedding and colonization in pigs
- Russell Fraser, BSc.H (Guelph); DVM (Guelph); MSc (University of Edinburgh)
PhD Candidate (F’12): The role of collagenous lectins in common infectious diseases of the horse and cow
- Corinne Schut, BSc. (Guelph)
MSc Student (F’16): Host immunity and epidemiology of Salmonella in pigs
- Kristin Wythe, BSc.H (Guelph) MSc - GRADUATED S’16
Discovery of genetic variants in equine peptidoglycan recognition proteins using a targeted next generation sequencing approach
- Abqara Abida, BSc (University of Sindh), MSc (University of Sindh). MBS – GRADUATED S’15
Expression of peptidoglycan recognition proteins (PGLYRP-1 and PGLYRP-2) in male and female porcine tissue
- Heindrich Snyman, BVSc (University of Pretoria). DVSc - GRADUATED F’13
Constitutive variation in hepatic expression of porcine innate immune genes associated with novel promoter polymorphisms
- Ola Sawicka, BSc (Guelph). MBS – GRADUATED S’13
Discovery of single and interaction effects for novel innate immune single nucleotide polymorphisms in swine
- Iga Stasiak BSc (Windsor), DVM (Guelph). DVSc - GRADUATED F’12
The role of hepcidin in regulation of iron balance in bats.
- David Balogh, BSc.H (Guelph). MBS - GRADUATED S’12
Promoter region single nucleotide polymorphisms and variable expression of the peptidoglycan recognition protein 1 and 2 genes in pigs.
Research and Professional Staff
Jutta Hammermueller, PhD (Guelph)
Vahab Farzan, DVM (Tehran), MSc (Guelph, PhD (Guelph)
- TOX*4100 Toxicological Pathology
- VETM*4490 Systems Pathology
- VETM*4620/4680/4940/4720 Health Management: Anatomic Pathology rotation
- BIOM*6800 Gene Expression in Health and Disease
- PABI*6104 Mechanisms of Disease: Course Co-Coordinator
- PABI*6080 Diagnostic Pathology I
- PABI*6090 Diagnostic Pathology II
- PABI*6091 Diagnostic Pathology III
- Arroyo LG, Costa MC, Guest BB, Plattner BL, Lillie BN, Weese JS. Duodenitis-Proximal Jejunitis in Horses After Experimental Administration of Clostridium difficile Toxins. J Vet Intern Med. 2017 Jan: 31(1): 158-63. doi: 10.1111/jvim.14624.
- Kirkbright D, Huber P, Lillie BN, Lumsden JS. Dermocystidium-like organism linked with a mortality event in yellow perch Perca flavescens (Mitchill) in Ontario, Canada. J Fish Dis. 2016 May: 39(5): 597-601 doi: 10.1111/jfd.12379.
- Contador E, Methner P, Ryerse I, Huber P, Lillie BN, Frasca S Jr, Lumsden JS. Epitheliocystis in lake trout Salvelinus namaycush (Walbaum) is associated with a β-proteobacteria. J Fish Dis. 2016 Mar: 39(3): 353-66. doi: 10.1111/jfd.12369.
- Senthilkumaran C, Hewson J, Ollivett TL, Bienzle D, Lillie BN, Clark M, Caswell JL. Localization of annexins A1 and A2 in the respiratory tract of healthy calves and those experimentally infected with Mannheimia haemolytica. Vet Res. 2015 Feb 14;46:6. doi: 10.1186/s13567-014-0134-3.
- Summa NM, Eshar D, Snyman HN, Lillie BN. Metastatic anaplastic adenocarcinoma suspected to be of mammary origin in an intact male rabbit (Oryctolagus cuniculus). Can Vet J. 2014 May;55(5):475-9.
- Stasiak IM, Smith DA, Crawshaw GJ, Hammermueller JD, Bienzle D, Lillie BN. Characterization of the hepcidin gene in eight species of bats. Res Vet Sci. 2014 Feb;96(1):111-7.
- Link KA, Koenig JB, Silveira A, Plattner BL, Lillie BN. Effect of unfocused extracorporeal shock wave therapy on growth factor gene expression in wounds and intact skin of horses. Am J Vet Res. 2013 Feb;74(2):324-32.
- Côté O, Lillie BN, Hayes MA, Clark ME, van den Bosch L, Katavolos P, Viel L, Bienzle D. Effect of unfocused extracorporeal shock wave therapy on growth factor gene expression in wounds and intact skin of horses. BMC Genomics. 2012 Dec 19;13:712.
- Hayes MA, Quinn BA, Lillie BN, Côté O, Bienzle D, Waelchli R, Betteridge K. Changes in various endometrial proteins during cloprostenol-induced failure of early pregnancy in mares. Anim Reprod. 2012 Oct/Dec; 9(4): 723-41.
- Hayes MA, Quinn BA, Lillie BN, Schutt L, Moyaert M, Waelchli R, Betteridge K. Transcriptional and proteomic analysis of endometrial and conceptus responses to cloprostenol administrations in the third week of pregnancy. J Equine Vet Sci. 2012 July;32(7):407-8.
- Koenig J, Silveira A, Chalmers H, Buenviaje G, Lillie BN. Laryngeal Neuroendocrine Tumor in a Horse: Case Report. Equine Vet Educ. 2012; 24(1). 12-16.
- Keirstead ND, Hayes MA, Vandervoort GE, Brooks AS, Squires EJ, Lillie BN. Single nucleotide polymorphisms in collagenous lectins and other innate immune genes in pigs with common infectious diseases. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2011 Jul 15;142(1-2):1-13.
- Lillie BN, Traficante E, Walker ME, Quinn BA, Arroyo L, Waelchli RO, Betteridge KJ, Hayes MA. Endometrial expression of capsule-associated proteins and cytokines during the third week of pregnancy in mares. Anim Reprod Sci. 2010; s121. 254-256
- Blois SL, Abrams-Ogg AC, Mitchell C, Yu A, Stoewen D, Lillie BN, Kiupel M. Use of thyroid scintigraphy and pituitary immunohistochemistry in the diagnosis of spontaneous hypothyroidism in a mature cat. J Feline Med Surg. 2010 Feb;12(2):156-60.
Search PubMed for additional publications by Dr. Lillie.