The curriculum committee is a required subcommittee of the DVM Program Committee. Overall, the mandate of the committee is to review the curriculum, establish the curriculum (content, modes of delivery and evaluation), assess the degree of achievement of the curricular and undergraduate academic goals, initiate and respond to proposals for change in the curriculum.
- Associate Dean - Academic (Chair)
- Phase Leaders
- Departmental Teaching and Learning Committees Chairs/Representative.
- Department Chairs
- DVM Student Representatives (one from each of the four Phases of the DVM program, designated by the CVSA)
- Chair of the DVM Program Committee (ex officio).
Term of Office
- Three years (renewable once)
To Whom Responsible
- DVM Program Committee
- Once per semester, or as required.
A quorum, which will consist of two thirds of the membership of the committee, will be required for all meetings of the committee in which issues are to be brought to a vote
- Develop academic policies, as required, for the delivery of the DVM Program based on the curricular principles approved by Senate.
- Review course and program outcomes and provide feedback to course coordinators and Chairs with recommendations for change or improvement where appropriate
- Report outcome of reviews to DVM Program Committee and initiate and respond to requests from the DVM Program Committee for changes in the DVM Program to improve its quality or effectiveness
- Consider, and where deemed appropriate, approve changes to courses or Phases that may require Program Committee, Board of Undergraduate Studies or Senate approval
- Consider resource (human and financial) implications as they relate to delivery of the curriculum.
- Provide leadership in the planning and implementation of opportunities and changes/additions to the Program that enhance the understanding of, and access to, a broader range of career opportunities
Curricular Management in the DVM Program (Approved May 25, 2005)
Examination Procedures and Invigilation Policies ( Updated December 5, 2017 to align with University of Guelph policy )
- Dr. Joanne Hewson, Chair, Associate Dean, Students and Academic
- Dr. Tarek Saleh, Department Chair, Biomedical Sciences
- Dr. Carolyn Kerr, Department Chair, Clinical Studies
- Dr. Shayan Sharif, Interim Department Chair, Pathobiology
- Dr. Todd Duffield, Department Chair, Population Medicine
- Dr. Pavneesh Madan, Phase 1 Leader
- Dr. Darren Wood, Phase 2 Leader
- Dr. Shauna Blois, Phase 3 Leader
- Dr. Don Trout, Phase 4 Leader
- Dr. Ron Johnson, Department Representative, Biomedical Sciences
- Dr. Anthony Abrams-Ogg, Department Representative, Clinical Studies
- Dr. Janet Beeler-Marfisi, Department Representative, Pathobiology
- Dr. Deep Khosa, Department Representative, Population Medicine
- Dr. Dale Lackeyram, Open Learning and Educational Support
- Ms. Jennifer Spencer, Open Learning and Educational Support
- Mr. Garrett Schuilenberg, OVC '19 - Phase 4
- Ms. Megan Wieser, OVC'20 - Phase 3
- Ms. Emily Mann, OVC'21 - Phase 2
- Mr. Michael Scolaro, OVC'22 - Phase 1
- Dr. Stephanie Nykamp, Associate Dean Clinical Programs (Ex Officio)