Thu, 2017/01/26 - 1:29pm
A number of Ontario Veterinary College (OVC) faculty and specialists will be bringing their expertise to talks at this year’s Ontario Veterinary Medical Association (OVMA) Conference, running January 26 to 28, at Toronto’s Westin Harbour Castle.
OVC Pet Trust will also be on hand at the Conference trade show. Drop by and see them at booth #124 to learn more about Pet Trust’s activities.
The OVMA “Lunch With” sessions, sponsored by the OVC Health Sciences Centre, are always well-attended by conference delegates with in-depth interactive discussions on a variety of topics.
This year’s OVC presenters and topics include:
- Dr. Hugues Beaufrère will outline emergency and critical care of avian and exotic patients;
- Dr. Tiffany Durzi will discuss canine rehabilitation of the IVDD patient, beyond cage rest;
- Dr. Sonja Fonfara will talk about valvular disease in small breed dogs;
- Dr. Thomas Koch will discuss stem cells and regenerative medicine in veterinary practice;
- Dr. Stephanie Nykamp will focus on topics in diagnostic imaging;
- Dr. Ameet Singh will discuss surgical site infections;
- Dr. Paul Woods will focus on clinical trials and discuss traditional and recent oncology therapies.
In addition, to the lunch sessions, several OVC faculty and specialists will provide information sessions during the conference.
Dr. Jason Coe will highlight communicating the value of tick prevention to clients during Thursday’s Corporate Partner Sunset Symposium. Dr. Scott Weese will discuss guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of urinary tract infections in dogs and cats.
As well, the OVC Alumni Association hosted an OVC student-alumni networking night on Wednesday, January 25 at the Westin Harbour Castle.