OVC Scheduling Capability and Reporting System
Phase 1 of the OSCAR system has been active in the OVC Health Sciences Centre since June of 2015. As of January 2016, Phase 2 rolled the system out to the academic and ancilliary departments at OVC.
What is OSCAR?
Web based self service tool that allows for:
- Tracking time and time taken
- Managing time off requests
- Displaying leave (vacation, sick, etc.) balances
- Scheduling staff (HSC only)
Why is the system needed at OVC?
- Simplifies time reporting compared to current process
- Replaces manual, paper-based process
- Consistency – everyone following the same process
- Approvals online – no printing, no emailing back and forth
- Automatic reminders when approvals required
- Reduce reporting errors – OSCAR performs calculations and provides correct options
- Easy access – available from anywhere with an internet connection
- Meet audit requirements
- UofG Financial Services
- Tri-Council and Cluster accounts
- Utilizing technology to reduce administrative burden – meets core SAS objectives
- Frees SAS Financial Clerks to provide service to other areas
Who should be using the system?
- Professional and Managerial Staff
- Technical Staff
- Administrative Staff
- Professional and Managerial Staff (exceptions only)
- Post Doctoral Fellows (exceptions only)
- Summer & Work Study Students
- Invigilators (Use template and submit to your department ACF)
- Simulated Clients
- Graduate Students
- NILL salaried employees
When is this happening?
Phase 1 - OVC HSC
- Intiated as of June 1st, 2014
Phase 2 - OVC Academic and Service Units
- Initiated as of: January 8th, 2016
How can I learn the system?
- This website will be the home for all information related to the OSCAR system
- Training Videos
- Training Manuals
- In person training
- Email support