J. Owen D. Slocombe
Department of Pathobiology, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph
Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1
Menu for Atlantic Canada Report
1. General information for Canada
2. General Information for Atlantic Canada
3. Figure 1. Areas with dogs with heartworm in Canada
4. Table 1. 1996 Heartworm questionnaire results for Atlantic Canada
5. Table 2. Number of dogs tested for heartworm in Atlantic Canada in 1996
6. Some New and Not So New Issues
a. Heartworm in cats
b. Heartworm in coyotes
c. A check for efficacy of an adulticide
d. Heartworm infected dogs given preventive medication
7. Common Questions and Answers
a. In what areas should dogs be tested for heartworm?
b. What is the best test for screening for heartworm infection?
c. What time of year should dogs be tested?
d. When should dogs be placed on preventive medication?
e. Should dogs on preventive medication be tested for heartworm?