Join the OVCAA Board and work with an exciting group of professionals to promote the Ontario Veterinary College, its graduates and its programs. Be part of an exciting opportunity to network with other veterinary professionals and OVC community members. Become an influential member in the OVC community.
- Play an active role in the maintenance and development of the OVCAA.
- Provide leadership and contribute to the governing of the OVCAA.
- Attend and participate in meetings, study relevant documents as required.
- Become familiar with OVCAA function and history.
- Participate in decision making.
- Assist with the brainstorming of ideas on topics such as increasing membership, participation, fundraising, etc.
- Participate in alumni, student, college, university, UGAA, etc. events. Act as an ambassador for OVC AA and assist in increasing awareness and participation of alumni and students.
- Participate on one or more OVCAA committees.
- Participate in the recruitment of Board members and volunteers.
- esponsibilities (optional):
- If OVCAA representative to UGAA Alumni Forum or Senate, attend all meetings (or find delegate if unable to attend) and report back to the OVCAA Board, preferably in writing.
- Determine Executive position most suited to/interest in assuming.
- One year term with the option to renew
- Approximately 40 hours commitment per year consisting of:
- Five board meetings
- Assisting at a minimum of one event per year
- Annual General Meeting in June
- Time commitment for committees varies depending on committee (which are determined during the first two meetings of the year).
- Must be an OVC alumnus/alumna, a student currently pursuing studies at OVC (graduate or undergraduate), current or retired faculty member.
- Enthusiasm and creativity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of the OVC AA and the University of Guelph.
- Ability to travel or telecommute to Guelph for meeting.
For more information, please contact the OVCAA at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-824-4120 x.56679.